Mailing List Archive

Trouble POM-ing ROUTE
Hello all,
I'm in a situation where I need to route traffic based on a specific
port, our a different interface. We have a Linux gateway, connected
to 2 Internet connections, and we want to route some of our packets
out eth0 and other packets out eth2, traffic which comes from a LAN.

I am aware that there are other ways of doing this, and by all means
if you have a suggestion about an alternative method please send it
to me, but I am very interested in ROUTE's potential.

Currently working with;

kernel - linux-2.6.22.1
iptables - iptables-1.3.6
patch-o-matic-ng - patch-o-matic-ng-20070713 (rotating through
daily snapshots)

/usr/src/linux && /usr/src/iptables are both symlinks to
the iptables and linux source code dirs.

I run the `runme` executable in POM, and when I get to ROUTE,
a `T` gives me
'./patchlets/ROUTE/linux-2.6.11.patch: ERROR (1 missing files)'

I will continue to wrestle with this by trying alternate snapshots of
POM-ng, and perhaps attempting to use the 2.6.11 kernel, as it seems
to make an appearance in the error message there.

If anyone is able to contribute any bits of info to my adventure, I
would very much appreciate it.
Thanks for your time,
Jeff.