Hi List,

It appears that ipt_account has vanished from
iptables 1.3.8 (it was still there in 1.3.7) could
someone please comment on the why?

The changelogs do not mention anything about it, neither
does the source, and also I couldn't find anything
googling thru the mailing list archives.

T Jacob
Re: ipt_account / iptables 1.3.8 [ In reply to ]
Hello,

Thomas Jacob a écrit :

> It appears that ipt_account has vanished from
> iptables 1.3.8 (it was still there in 1.3.7) could
> someone please comment on the why?
>
> The changelogs do not mention anything about it

They do, in a rather laconic way though :

<quote>
- Remove extensions for unmaintained/obsolete patchlets
</quote>

AFAIK, the concerned extensions are : fuzzy, nth, random (both
superseded by statistic), ROUTE, account, BALANCE, childlevel,
connlimit, dstlimit, FTOS, IPMARK, ipv4options, IPV4OPTSSTRIP, mport,
NETLINK, osf, psd, record_rpc, rpc, TARPIT, TCPLAG, time, TRACE, u32, XOR.