I've looked around but don't see it offhand.

Thanks!

Jason
Re: PPTP [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 11:08:59AM -0500, Hill, John wrote:
> I have patched the kernel with the new newnat13 and the pptp helper. I
> cannot get it to authenticate. The GRE session is unreplied from my
> forwarded MSpptp server. If I patch the kernel using Bruce's PPTP patch it
> will work.

how does your setup look like?

did you read the comments on top of the ip_conntrack_pptp.c file?

please direct your questions to the mailinglists.

--
Live long and prosper
- Harald Welte / laforge@gnumonks.org http://www.gnumonks.org/
RE: PPTP [ In reply to ]
Rickard,

>When i try to install the pptp-conntrack module i get this error:
>
>Testing patch extra/pptp-conntrack-nat.patch...
> Placed new Config.in line
> Placed new Configure.help entry
> Placed new Makefile line
> Placed new Makefile line
> Placed new ip_conntrack.h line
> Placed new ip_conntrack.h line
>Could not find place to slot in ip_conntrack.h line
>Could not find place to slot in ip_conntrack.h line
>Could not find place to slot in ip_conntrack.h line
>Could not find place to slot in ip_conntrack.h line
>Could not find place to slot in ip_conntrack.h line
>Could not find place to slot in ip_conntrack.h line
>TEST FAILED: patch NOT applied.
>

>anyone know whats wrong?

You *are* applying this to a kernel with newnat support, aren't you ?

Regards,
Filip
Re: PPTP [ In reply to ]
Sneppe Filip wrote:

> Rickard,
>
> >When i try to install the pptp-conntrack module i get this error:
> >
> >Testing patch extra/pptp-conntrack-nat.patch...
> > Placed new Config.in line
> > Placed new Configure.help entry
> > Placed new Makefile line
> > Placed new Makefile line
> > Placed new ip_conntrack.h line
> > Placed new ip_conntrack.h line
> >Could not find place to slot in ip_conntrack.h line
> >Could not find place to slot in ip_conntrack.h line
> >Could not find place to slot in ip_conntrack.h line
> >Could not find place to slot in ip_conntrack.h line
> >Could not find place to slot in ip_conntrack.h line
> >Could not find place to slot in ip_conntrack.h line
> >TEST FAILED: patch NOT applied.
> >

> >anyone know whats wrong?
>
> You *are* applying this to a kernel with newnat support, aren't you ?
>
> Regards,
> Filip

The z-newnet patch? I can't install that patch.

BTW, this is the first time i am patching a kernel.

/Rickard
RE: PPTP [ In reply to ]
Rickard Eriksson [mailto:riceri@home.se] wrote:

>The z-newnet patch? I can't install that patch.
>
>BTW, this is the first time i am patching a kernel.

Hi Rickard,

What kernel version are you working from ?
Basically, newnat is a new API for writing connection tracking/nat
modules.

The patch has been sitting in p-o-m for a long time now, and all the
modules from recent iptables have been converted to work with newnat
and don't apply on kernels witout newnat.

Newnat has been included in the early 2.4.20-pre kernels, so from
2.4.20 (or the -pre releases if you don't mind running these) onwards,
there will be no need to patch the kernel with newnat support anymore
before adding conntrackers.

Now, if you're working from a pre-2.4.20 kernel, you need to download
iptables or check out CVS, then from the patch-o-matic directory
run "./runme *" and apply the newnat patch before trying any
conntrackers. That sould do the trick. You may need to apply some
additional stuff. IIRC, the pptp patch also needs an "unregister"
fix of some kind that's probably in p-o-m/pending or /submitted.

Good luck,
Filip
Re: PPTP [ In reply to ]
Sneppe Filip wrote:

> Rickard Eriksson [mailto:riceri@home.se] wrote:
> >
> >The z-newnet patch? I can't install that patch.
> >
> >BTW, this is the first time i am patching a kernel.
> >

> Hi Rickard,
>
> What kernel version are you working from ?
> Basically, newnat is a new API for writing connection tracking/nat
> modules.
>
> The patch has been sitting in p-o-m for a long time now, and all the
> modules from recent iptables have been converted to work with newnat
> and don't apply on kernels witout newnat.
>
> Newnat has been included in the early 2.4.20-pre kernels, so from
> 2.4.20 (or the -pre releases if you don't mind running these) onwards,
> there will be no need to patch the kernel with newnat support anymore
> before adding conntrackers.
>
> Now, if you're working from a pre-2.4.20 kernel, you need to download
> iptables or check out CVS, then from the patch-o-matic directory
> run "./runme *" and apply the newnat patch before trying any
> conntrackers. That sould do the trick. You may need to apply some
> additional stuff. IIRC, the pptp patch also needs an "unregister"
> fix of some kind that's probably in p-o-m/pending or /submitted.
>
> Good luck,
> Filip

Well i want to install 2.4.19.

I have installed conntrack+nat-helper-unregister and then i could
install znewnat-16 and then i could install pptp conntrack module.

I hope it will work when i have build the kernel.

Thanks for all your help!!!

/ Rickard
Re: PPTP [ In reply to ]
Rickard Eriksson wrote:

> Sneppe Filip wrote:
>
>> Rickard Eriksson [mailto:riceri@home.se] wrote:
>> >
>> >The z-newnet patch? I can't install that patch.
>> >
>> >BTW, this is the first time i am patching a kernel.
>> >

>> Hi Rickard,
>>
>> What kernel version are you working from ?
>> Basically, newnat is a new API for writing connection tracking/nat
>> modules.
>>
>> The patch has been sitting in p-o-m for a long time now, and all the
>> modules from recent iptables have been converted to work with newnat
>> and don't apply on kernels witout newnat.
>>
>> Newnat has been included in the early 2.4.20-pre kernels, so from
>> 2.4.20 (or the -pre releases if you don't mind running these) onwards,
>> there will be no need to patch the kernel with newnat support anymore
>> before adding conntrackers.
>>
>> Now, if you're working from a pre-2.4.20 kernel, you need to download
>> iptables or check out CVS, then from the patch-o-matic directory
>> run "./runme *" and apply the newnat patch before trying any
>> conntrackers. That sould do the trick. You may need to apply some
>> additional stuff. IIRC, the pptp patch also needs an "unregister"
>> fix of some kind that's probably in p-o-m/pending or /submitted.
>>
>> Good luck,
>> Filip
>>

> Well i want to install 2.4.19.
>
> I have installed conntrack+nat-helper-unregister and then i could
> install znewnat-16 and then i could install pptp conntrack module.
>
> I hope it will work when i have build the kernel.
>
> Thanks for all your help!!!
>
> / Rickard

Do i need newest iptables to get the modules to work?
RE: PPTP [ In reply to ]
Rickard Eriksson [mailto:riceri@home.se] wrote:

>Do i need newest iptables to get the modules to work?

Hi,

No, not with these types of modules (conntrack/nat helpers).
We're only talking kernel code here. You need to run the
correct iptables if you are adding match and target extensions.

Regards,
Filip
Re: PPTP [ In reply to ]
Sneppe Filip wrote:

> Rickard Eriksson [mailto:riceri@home.se] wrote:
> >

> >Do i need newest iptables to get the modules to work?
> >

> Hi,
>
> No, not with these types of modules (conntrack/nat helpers).
> We're only talking kernel code here. You need to run the
> correct iptables if you are adding match and target extensions.
>
> Regards,
> Filip

When i try to restart and load the modules i get a error, i didn't copy
it but it was something about "unresolved ... helper"
And i can't find any setting in "make config" so that it shall make the
helper in any way.

Do you know what i am talking about :)

/Rickard
RE: PPTP [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Rickard Eriksson [mailto:riceri@home.se] wrote:

>When i try to restart and load the modules i get a error, i didn't copy
>it but it was something about "unresolved ... helper"
>And i can't find any setting in "make config" so that it shall make the
>helper in any way.
>
>Do you know what i am talking about :)

Vaguely :-)

Are you loading the modules with "insmod" or with "modprobe" ?
After a correct kernel compile you shouldn't get unresolved
symbols with modprobe. Although, iirc, there is a dependency
thingie with the pptp conntracker (modprobe ip_?_pptp doesn't
trigger the loading of ip_?_proto_gre, I think).

Can you try the following for pptp and load any other modules
with modprobe instead of insmod and report any problems:

modprobe ip_conntrack_proto_gre
modprobe ip_nat_proto_gre
modprobe ip_conntrack_pptp
modprobe ip_nat_pptp

This shouldn't give problems.

Regards,
Filip
Re: PPTP [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 11:17:36AM -0500, Benny Butler wrote:
> Harald,
>
> Please forgive me for my lack of knowledge, I'm not much of an
> iptables person. I have a client that I had to set up an iptables
> firewall. They have a PPTP server on their internal network that I can
> get to, but only one client at a time can hook to it. I see your patch
> listed at :
> http://netfilter.kfki.hu/documentation/pomlist/pom-extra.html#pptp-connt
> rack-nat and am wondering if this would allow multiple connections to
> the server? Is that it's intended function?

yes, exactly. Please use the patch-o-matic system to apply this patch
and then load the modules 'ip_conntrack_proto_gre, ip_conntrack_pptp,
ip_nat_proto_gre and ip_nat_pptp'. Please refer to the netfilter
mailinglist(s) for further assistance.

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@gnumonks.org> http://www.gnumonks.org/
Programming is like sex: One mistake and you have to support it your lifetime
RE: PPTP [ In reply to ]
I don't remember FreeSwan having PPTP, but if it does then great. Are you sure it isn't L2TP that the clients are connecting with?

Anyways, you will have to modify your kernel with Patch-O-Matic from the Netfilter CVS repository, and grab the userspace tools just in case you need to use those ones with your newly created kernel. The support for PPTP is still rather experimental. I haven't had problems with their latest code though.

Apply any patches in Patch-O-Matic that apply to pptp and GRE.
Recompile kernel
Build Userspace tools from CVS
Reboot
# depmod
# modprobe ip_conntrack_proto_gre
# modprobe ip_conntrack_pptp
# modprobe ip_nat_proto_gre
# modprobe ip_nat_pptp

Ideally, this should allow for multiple PPTP clients through your firewall at the same time.