Mailing List Archive

Where are the mangle tables?
Hello,

I am new to all that packet filtering stuff. I read the iptbales
man-page and the packet filtering howto. In the last one I saw a nice
picture:

Incoming / \ Outgoing
-->[Routing ]--->|FORWARD|------->
[Decision] \_____/ ^
| |
v ____
___ / \
/ \ |OUTPUT|
|INPUT| \____/
\___/ ^
| |
----> Local Process ----

Where are the mangle chains PREROUTING and OUTPUT located in this
picture? The PREROUTING chain should be between "Incoming" and "Routing
decision", right? Where is the mangle OUTPUT chain located? After the
normal OUTPUT?

Regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Bloedt Ericsson Eurolab Deutschland GmbH
Steffen.Bloedt@eed.ericsson.se D-52072 Aachen
Re: Where are the mangle tables? [ In reply to ]
Steffen Bloedt wrote:
> Where are the mangle chains PREROUTING and OUTPUT located in this
> picture? The PREROUTING chain should be between "Incoming" and "Routing
> decision", right? Where is the mangle OUTPUT chain located? After the
> normal OUTPUT?

See http://www.knowplace.org/netfilter/syntax.html#traversal.

Shane