Mailing List Archive

Application data hook handler
Hi all,

I'm a newbie to netfiler hacking. I've been reading the netfilter
framework code and iptables code and have a basic understanding of
these.

As an starting experiment I would like to write netfilter hook handler
function (called from hooks in the IP stack) that dumps the
application data information (like ipt_LOG.c). I understand that from
a networking perspective, looking at application data at IP level is
not a good thing to do, but I just want to experiment.

Can someone please give some pointers as to how I can start off or
some references that could be useful for this exercise.

Thanks very much,
KM