Mailing List Archive

Newbie Question : About Netlink Socket
Hi,

I'm the newbie who would like to transfer some data between a user process
and a kernel module (which created by me and it will hook the module of
netfilter)

After reading the document of Netlink Socket (by Gowri Dhandapani), I have
some questions:

i.) In the case of mine, can I transfer the data between the user process
and a kernel process(kernel module, which created by me) by using netlink
socket? Because it seems that the kernel module that I created doesn't
relate/match the option of "NETLINK_ROUTE, NETLINK_ARPD, NETLINK_ROUTE6,
NETLINK_IP_FW, NETLINK_SKIP, NETLINK_FIREWALL..." Or I can use the one of
the options above, say NETLINK_FIREWALL. Could you give some advice to me,
please

ii.) And if I can't use netlink socket then, what can I do? How can I get
communicate between these 2 process? Please help.

Thanks for reading mail. Thanks so much

Regards
marco.