Mailing List Archive

[ANNOUNCE]: Release of iptables-1.4.3
The netfilter coreteam presents:

iptables version 1.4.3

the iptables release for the 2.6.29 kernel. It has been some time
since the last release and we've had a lot of changes all over the
place. Besides the usual fixes and cleanups, we have:

- numerous documentation updates from Jan Engelhardt and others

- a set of changes to move some of the iptables functionality to
a shared library for tc and m_ipt from Jan and Jamal Hadi Salim

- another patch to make libiptc available as shared library. Some
distributions have been carrying patches for this despite being
explicitly unsupported. The library does not guarantee a stable
API, but it should make life for distributors a bit easier.

- IPv6 support for the recent match from Jan

- TPROXY support by Krisztian Kovacs

- SCTP/DCCP NAT support by myself

And lots of smallish changes, almost 90% of which are from Jan.
Check out the Changelog for more details.

This release starts enforcing the deprecation of NAT filtering that
was added in 1.4.2-rc1, filtering rules in the NAT tables will cause
an error instead of a warning from now on. Please make sure your
rulesets are update appropriately.

Version 1.4.3 can be obtained from:

http://www.netfilter.org/projects/iptables/downloads.html
ftp://ftp.netfilter.org/pub/iptables/
git://git.netfilter.org/iptables.git

On behalf of the Netfilter Core Team.
Happy firewalling!
Re: [ANNOUNCE]: Release of iptables-1.4.3 [ In reply to ]
Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> On Monday 2009-03-23 15:28, Patrick McHardy wrote:
>

>> The netfilter coreteam presents:
>>
>> iptables version 1.4.3
>>
>> the iptables release for the 2.6.29 kernel. It has been some time
>> since the last release and we've had a lot of changes all over the
>> place.[...]
>>

> Can you update the freshmeat entry? (Or be courteous to add me to the
> FM project.)

I'll add you to the project when I'm near the password again :)
Re: [ANNOUNCE]: Release of iptables-1.4.3 [ In reply to ]
Jan Engelhardt wrote:

>>> Can you update the freshmeat entry? (Or be courteous to add me to the
>>> FM project.)
>>>
>> I'll add you to the project when I'm near the password again :)
>>

> Try asking Pablo. Someone ought to have the password, because the
> 1.4.2 entry has been made, and there are not that many people
> being many release managers.

I do have it, just not in reach right now.
Re: [ANNOUNCE]: Release of iptables-1.4.3 [ In reply to ]
Patrick McHardy wrote:
> Jan Engelhardt wrote:

>>> I'll add you to the project when I'm near the password again :)
>>>
>> Try asking Pablo. Someone ought to have the password, because the
>> 1.4.2 entry has been made, and there are not that many people
>> being many release managers.
>>

> I do have it, just not in reach right now.

JFYI, I have just submitted the new release to freshmeat.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/iptables/releases/296630

--
"Los honestos son inadaptados sociales" -- Les Luthiers