Mailing List Archive

[ANNOUNCE] ulogd-1.21 released
Hi!

I have released version 1.21 of the iptables userspace logging
daemon (ulogd). This release is a minur bugfix update to the 'brown
paper bag' release 1.20. 1.20 was probably one of the last 'new feature'
updates for ulogd, since I'm already working on ulogd2, which includes
support for plugin stacks, IPFIX and ct_acct.

The new Version is available as tar.bz2 only and can be retrieved from:
ftp://ftp.netfilter.org/pub/ulogd/ulogd-1.21.tar.bz2

There is a GPG signature for verification of the authenticity of the
archive: ftp://ftp.netfilter.org/pub/ulogd/ulogd-1.21.tar.bz2.sig

Changes (since Version 1.02)
- Add SYSLOG output plugin for real syslogging (Harald Welte)
- Add SQLITE3 Output Plugin (Ben La Monica)
- Change format of configuration file. Now every plugin has it's own
section in the config file, making the whole parsing procedure easier
and eliminating multiple loading of .so plugins. (Magnus Boden)
- Make the config file format completely syntax compatible with
.ini style files
- Add tcp 'port' option to mysql and postgresql plugins (Sven Schuster)
- Cosmetic changes (c99 initializers, coding style)
- Add support for seteuid() after startup (Nicolas Pougetoux)
- Fix multiple buffer overflows in the postgresql plugin (Harald Welte)

Please direct any questions / bug reports to the
ulogd@lists.gnumonks.org mailinglist.

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@netfilter.org> http://www.netfilter.org/
on while IP was being designed." -- Paul Vixie
Re: [ANNOUNCE] ulogd-1.21 released [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 02:34:43PM +0100, Martijn Lievaart wrote:
> Harald Welte said:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have released version 1.21 of the iptables userspace logging
> > daemon (ulogd). This release is a minur bugfix update to the 'brown
> > paper bag' release 1.20. 1.20 was probably one of the last 'new feature'
> > updates for ulogd, since I'm already working on ulogd2, which includes
> > support for plugin stacks, IPFIX and ct_acct.
>
> So adding ipv6 support to 1.21 is probably a waste of time...?

I think it's probably not that much of a good idea. Patches for the
http://svn.gnumonks.org/branches/ulog/ulogd2/ branch are more welcome.

ulogd2 doesn't yet compile, but I think you can try to figure out how to
integrate ipv6 support anyway.

I think the best idea is to do it right and add support for layer 2/3/4
protocols, very much like a real network stack.

this way we can have a single ethernet interpreter for mac addresses, a
ipv4 and ipv6 plugin for the respective headers, and a single tcp (and
udp) plugin that works both on ipv4 and ipv6.

If you have any better ideas, I'm open for suggestions.