Spec
----

interchange-4.6.1-3.rh7
Rh7.0
2.2.18
logrotate-3.5.2-1

Synopsis
--------

RPM install adds to /etc/logrotate.d file "interchange" containing

/var/log/interchange/* {
rotate 4
weekly
compress
}

this causes the directory "/var/log/interchange/" to fill up with log files in
an exponential fashion.

i.e. error.log -> error.log.1.gz
error.log.1.gz -> error.log.1.gz.1.gz

etc. until soon you have 30,000 log files and logrotated takes out your machine.

Fix
----

Change /etc/logrotate.d/interchange to

/var/log/interchange/*log {
rotate 4
weekly
compress
}

This is similar to how my samba rpm installs it's logrotate conf.
The interchange RPM needs to be fixed in this respect.

Yours
Murray

--
____
\__/ Murray Gibbins murray@scotweb.ltd.uk
BUG : in log rotate [ In reply to ]
Thanks, Murray. I've fixed the RPM specfile in CVS, and the change will
appear in IC 4.6.2.

Jon