Mailing List Archive

Intermittent Paylpal issue
I charge a handling fee for order that subtotal less than a given
amount. On some such orders, when the customer pays with Paypal, the
handling charge is not added. But only sometimes and I've so far seen no
pattern. Has anyone seen this before or have some idea how to debug?
Using the fancy new IC 5.10!

DB

Re: Intermittent Paylpal issue [ In reply to ]
> I charge a handling fee for order that subtotal less than a given
> amount. On some such orders, when the customer pays with Paypal, the
> handling charge is not added. But only sometimes and I've so far seen no
> pattern. Has anyone seen this before or have some idea how to debug?
> Using the fancy new IC 5.10!
>
> DB

I've played with this a bit more. On my checkout page is an "I've read
the terms" checkbox. I've discovered that if I'm placing an order and
don't check that box then choose Paypal as the payment method, the form
correctly displays:

There were errors in your last submission:

(policy_agree): You must agree to our policies to checkout

The areas you need to correct are shown in this color below.

at the top of the checkout page, however at this point the handling fee
is set to zero. I can then check the box, click Paypal and I'll then be
sent to Paypal with the handling fee set to zero. Reloading the page
does not restore the fee, but pressing Recalculate does.

In my profiles.order I have:

__NAME__ paypalexpress
__COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE__
&fatal = yes
policy_agree=required You must agree to our policies to checkout
email=required
email=email
&set=mv_payment PaypalExpress
&set=psp Paypal
&set=mv_payment_route paypalexpress
&final = yes
&setcheck = payment_method paypalexpress
__END__

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to correct this? Thanks!

DB

Re: Intermittent Paylpal issue [ In reply to ]
On 05/10/2016 07:18 PM, DB wrote:
>> I charge a handling fee for order that subtotal less than a given
>> amount. On some such orders, when the customer pays with Paypal, the
>> handling charge is not added. But only sometimes and I've so far seen no
>> pattern. Has anyone seen this before or have some idea how to debug?
>> Using the fancy new IC 5.10!
>>
>> DB
>
> I've played with this a bit more. On my checkout page is an "I've read
> the terms" checkbox. I've discovered that if I'm placing an order and
> don't check that box then choose Paypal as the payment method, the form
> correctly displays:
>

> There were errors in your last submission:
>
> (policy_agree): You must agree to our policies to checkout
>
> The areas you need to correct are shown in this color below.
>
> at the top of the checkout page, however at this point the handling fee
> is set to zero. I can then check the box, click Paypal and I'll then be
> sent to Paypal with the handling fee set to zero. Reloading the page
> does not restore the fee, but pressing Recalculate does.
>
> In my profiles.order I have:
>
> __NAME__ paypalexpress
> __COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE__
> &fatal = yes
> policy_agree=required You must agree to our policies to checkout
> email=required
> email=email
> &set=mv_payment PaypalExpress
> &set=psp Paypal
> &set=mv_payment_route paypalexpress
> &final = yes
> &setcheck = payment_method paypalexpress
> __END__
>

> Does anyone have a suggestion on how to correct this? Thanks!

Where / how do you set the handling fee?

Regards
Racke

--
Please visit our 3rd Perl Dancer Conference 2016 in Vienna: https://www.perl.dance/.

Re: Intermittent Paylpal issue [ In reply to ]
> On 05/10/2016 07:18 PM, DB wrote:
>>> I charge a handling fee for order that subtotal less than a given
>>> amount. On some such orders, when the customer pays with Paypal, the
>>> handling charge is not added. But only sometimes and I've so far seen no
>>> pattern. Has anyone seen this before or have some idea how to debug?
>>> Using the fancy new IC 5.10!
>>>
>>> DB
>>
>> I've played with this a bit more. On my checkout page is an "I've read
>> the terms" checkbox. I've discovered that if I'm placing an order and
>> don't check that box then choose Paypal as the payment method, the form
>> correctly displays:
>>

>> There were errors in your last submission:
>>
>> (policy_agree): You must agree to our policies to checkout
>>
>> The areas you need to correct are shown in this color below.
>>
>> at the top of the checkout page, however at this point the handling fee
>> is set to zero. I can then check the box, click Paypal and I'll then be
>> sent to Paypal with the handling fee set to zero. Reloading the page
>> does not restore the fee, but pressing Recalculate does.
>>
>> In my profiles.order I have:
>>
>> __NAME__ paypalexpress
>> __COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE__
>> &fatal = yes
>> policy_agree=required You must agree to our policies to checkout
>> email=required
>> email=email
>> &set=mv_payment PaypalExpress
>> &set=psp Paypal
>> &set=mv_payment_route paypalexpress
>> &final = yes
>> &setcheck = payment_method paypalexpress
>> __END__
>>

>> Does anyone have a suggestion on how to correct this? Thanks!
>>

> Where / how do you set the handling fee?
>
> Regards
> Racke

Hi - on the checkout page I have:

[if type=explicit compare="[calc][subtotal noformat=1] <25[/calc]"]
[assign handling=1000000]
[/if]

DB

Re: Intermittent Paylpal issue [ In reply to ]
I have the same problem, but not with Paypal - with just plain credit card
processing. If someone enters a bad card number and it is declined, when they
try it again, the shipping is 0. If they press the RECALCULATE button, it is
fine. Something is not being stored or recalled properly, it would seem.

Bob