Mailing List Archive

Data appearing from different catalog
Had an incident where a relatively new version of the strap catalog
slurped in some data from a seperate older circa 2002 foundation
catalog. Both running on the same IC 5.8.2 install.

One of the strap components pulled in the 'banner' value from the
component of the older catalog that looks like this:

[control-set]
[component]promo[/component]
[banner]This value was slurped into a non related catalog[/banner]
[cols]1[/cols]
[matches]3[/matches]
[promo_type]new[/promo_type]
[/control-set]

The strap component pulled it in with:
[control name=banner default="[L]Specials[/L]"]

Is there a rational explanation on how this could have happened?

Totally unsure if related but the strap catalog has this variable
which I haven't seen used before:

LINKHOST 127.0.0.1 Admin Control

Or perhaps I have a permissions issue where catalogs can exchange session data?

Thanks for any enlightenment!
K.

Re: Data appearing from different catalog [ In reply to ]
Hello Klaatu,

If you can't find all these in products/variable.txt find them in the
user admin interface tables -> variable

SQLPASS password Database
SQLUSER mysqluserforthecorrect site Database
SQLDSN dbi:mysql:thecorrectdatabasenameforthecorrectsite

It looks like you are using the wrong database on the wrong site.

I remember I made an appointment with my second retail customer 10 years
ago. He lives just down the road. I was rather red faced when the first
customer's (yes you guessed it 20,000 hardware) products appeared on his
photography site.

Reitzenstein Interchange Consulting

Re: Data appearing from different catalog [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 5:08 PM, Frank Reitzenstein
<frank@aussievitamin.com> wrote:
> Hello Klaatu,
>
> If you can't find all these in products/variable.txt find them in the
> user admin interface tables -> variable
>
> SQLPASS password Database
> SQLUSER mysqluserforthecorrect site Database
> SQLDSN dbi:mysql:thecorrectdatabasenameforthecorrectsite
>
> It looks like you are using the wrong database on the wrong site.
>
> I remember I made an appointment with my second retail customer 10 years
> ago. He lives just down the road. I was rather red faced when the first
> customer's (yes you guessed it 20,000 hardware) products appeared on his
> photography site.
>
> Reitzenstein Interchange Consulting
>

> Klaatu IC Hack wrote:
>> Had an incident where a relatively new version of the strap catalog
>> slurped in some data from a seperate older circa 2002 foundation
>> catalog. Both running on the same IC 5.8.2 install.
>>
>> One of the strap components pulled in the 'banner' value from the
>> component of the older catalog that looks like this:
>>
>> [control-set]
>> [component]promo[/component]
>> [banner]This value was slurped into a non related catalog[/banner]
>> [cols]1[/cols]
>> [matches]3[/matches]
>> [promo_type]new[/promo_type]
>> [/control-set]
>>
>> The strap component pulled it in with:
>> [control name=banner default="[L]Specials[/L]"]
>>
>> Is there a rational explanation on how this could have happened?
>>
>> Totally unsure if related but the strap catalog has this variable
>> which I haven't seen used before:
>>
>> LINKHOST 127.0.0.1 Admin Control
>>
>> Or perhaps I have a permissions issue where catalogs can exchange session data?

Hi Frank

Negative on that. Definitely not connecting to the wrong database.
Both catalogs have been in production for a long time and are
otherwise working very well and are regularly updated busy commerce
sites.

Also the value is not in the database it is set in a page and sent to
the component.

So I am still stumped how session data from one catalog migrated
momentarily to another catalog.

Re: Data appearing from different catalog [ In reply to ]
On 16/03/16 18:32, Klaatu IC Hack wrote:
> Had an incident where a relatively new version of the strap catalog
> slurped in some data from a seperate older circa 2002 foundation
> catalog. Both running on the same IC 5.8.2 install.
>
> One of the strap components pulled in the 'banner' value from the
> component of the older catalog that looks like this:
>
> [control-set]
> [component]promo[/component]
> [banner]This value was slurped into a non related catalog[/banner]
> [cols]1[/cols]
> [matches]3[/matches]
> [promo_type]new[/promo_type]
> [/control-set]
>
> The strap component pulled it in with:
> [control name=banner default="[L]Specials[/L]"]
>
> Is there a rational explanation on how this could have happened?

This sounds like $::Control is leaking between page requests, are you
running Interchange in RPC traffic mode (as set in interchange.cfg)?

Peter