Too many new ID assignments for this IP address. Please wait at least 24 hoursbefore trying again. Only waiting that period will allow access. Terminating.
Steve Bronson
Air Delights, Inc.
http://www.airdelights.com
steve@airdelights.com
Phone: 1-800-440-5556
Fax: 1-503-643-8224

Air Delights, Inc. is a National Distributor of Plumbing Products and Restroom Accessories. Please visit our website at http://www.airdelights.com
Re: How to reset Robotlimit [ In reply to ]

Some info on the RobotLimit directive:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/docs/confs/RobotLimit.html

Likely set in your catalog.cfg ... You can up the limit and restart IC to take effect.
This would probably temporarily solve the problem.
You can also set it to 0, I believe that bypasses the whole RobotLimit feature (not advisable for permanent use).

You'd also need to revert the lockout command that was used to lock you out:
http://docs.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/online/confs/LockoutCommand.html

Depending on what was done (change in iptables? Updated htaccess etc) that would need to be reverted to lift the block.

Then there is a way to bypass getting locked out using the 'Lockout' Specialsub:
http://docs.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/online/confs/SpecialSub.html

CU,

Gert

Re: How to reset Robotlimit [ In reply to ]
Quoting Gert van der Spoel (gert@3edge.com):

Or brute force:

rm -rf tmp/addr_ctr/

--
Mike Heins
End Point -- Expert Internet Consulting http://www.endpoint.com/

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on my
life. ... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90%
how I react to it. And so it is for you... we are in charge of our
attitudes. -- Charles Swindoll

Re: How to reset Robotlimit [ In reply to ]
Quoting Mike Heins (mikeh@endpoint.com):
> Quoting Gert van der Spoel (gert@3edge.com):

I've done this in crontab for particular ip addresses (in this case 8.8.8.0/24):

*/5 * * * * rm -rf /var/lib/interchange/strap/tmp/addr_ctr/8/8/8_8_8_*

--
Mike Heins
End Point -- Expert Internet Consulting http://www.endpoint.com/
phone +1.765.253.4194 <mikeh@endpoint.com>

Some people have twenty years of experience, some people have
one year of experience twenty times over. -- Anonymous