ending up with a menu that is way to long to keep a customers attention.
I am still poking around the strap version but can not follow the menu
system in this version. Altering from what used to be the menu function
in the older version of standard. Some of the stuff looks like you
should be able to add, delete items, but the only way I can see is that
it is hard programed to use category and product group from the product
table.
Kerry

Re: Interchange 5.10 Strap [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 12:39 AM, kerry <kerry@basicq.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to alter the vertical menu system to have
> 1.Main
> 2 Sub1
> 3 Sub2
> without having to be a programing expert?

For one catalog I copied the generated HTML of the vertical menu (by
viewing the source of the generated home page) so that I could quickly
customise the menu and links.

After editing the HTML with a text editor I saved the file to
something like templates/components/product_menu_static and then used
this component where I wanted the custom menu to appear.

templates/components/product_menu_static

[comment]
ui_name: product_menu_static
ui_type: component
ui_class: vertical
ui_group: Navigation
ui_label: Products Menu Static

[/comment]
<!-- BEGIN COMPONENT [control component product_menu_static] -->

PASTE generated HTML here and manually customise links and flyouts as needed

<!-- END COMPONENT [control component product_menu_static] -->

To load this static HTML version on a test page edit the component bit:

[control-set]
[component]product_menu_static[/component]
[output]left[/output]
[/control-set]

Or if you wanted to use the static HTML version on all pages save the
component as product_tree

If you need fancier fly outs, more levels etc instead you could search
the net for a suitable bootstrap flyout menu, customise and paste that
in instead i.e. something like:
https://www.snip2code.com/Snippet/46517/Boot-Strap-Flyout-Menu

This is not an elegant solution but could be a quick way of getting to
what you need.

Tying it into the IC menu editor would be cool but would take a little
longer perhaps something to look at down the track.

Interchange 5.10 Strap [ In reply to ]
Just ran into a problem using a leading number in the category field.
Read the synopsis and see nothing preventing it from being a numberlike
9000 Series Rodding, but when I changed it to a text format, I do not
get the error message.

Sorry, the page (9000-Series-Rodding/9005-Series) was not found

Re: Interchange 5.10 Strap [ In reply to ]
Quoting kerry (kerry@basicq.com):
> Just ran into a problem using a leading number in the category field.
> Read the synopsis and see nothing preventing it from being a numberlike
> 9000 Series Rodding, but when I changed it to a text format, I do not
> get the error message.
>
> Sorry, the page (9000-Series-Rodding/9005-Series) was not found

Ah, interesting. That happens because the "ncheck" subroutine only
expects to see a capital A-Z character:

return unless $name =~ m{^[A-Z]};

https://github.com/interchange/interchange/blob/master/dist/strap/config/ncheck_category.tag#L8

You will need to modify your ncheck_category.tag, which you should find
in your interchange server directory, under
code/template_tag/your_catalog_name/

I'd change that line to:

return unless $name =~ m{^[A-Z0-9]};

--
Josh Lavin
End Point Corporation

Re: Interchange 5.10 Strap [ In reply to ]
Thanks Josh,

I tried this, but now I have broken IC.
I removed the 0-9 insert and restarted interchange and get this error.

Calling UI...Bad GlobalSub 'ncheck_category': syntax error at (eval 214)
line 32, near "$3category "

In line 76 of the configuration file
'/home/interch/interchange/code/template_tag/strap/ncheck_category.tag'

Kerry

Re: Interchange 5.10 Strap [ In reply to ]

Looks like a typo in ncheck_category.tag on line 32? Or somewhere around
that area.

Re: Interchange 5.10 Strap [ In reply to ]
On 02/03/2016 04:52 PM, Gert van der Spoel wrote:
> [...]
Was able to get IC to start by taking the 3 off the line IC was
complaining about.
Calling UI...Bad GlobalSub 'ncheck_category': syntax error at (eval 214)
line
32, near "$3category <---------------

Not sure if it is supposed to be there, or not. I do not think it is in
the base virtual server version I have for backup, so not sure if this
is a good fix or not.

Does this file change after the initial makecat setup, or is it fixed
once the catelog is created?
Also, is return unless $name =~ m{^[A-Z0-9]}; the correct code to fix,
or should there be a space or something between the Z0 ?

Kerry

Re: Interchange 5.10 Strap [ In reply to ]
Quoting kerry (kerry@basicq.com):

> On 02/03/2016 04:52 PM, Gert van der Spoel wrote:

Like Gert said, I think you inadvertently made a typo there. You might
want to compare that file against the original:

https://github.com/interchange/interchange/blob/master/dist/strap/config/ncheck_category.tag

> Does this file change after the initial makecat setup, or is it fixed
> once the catelog is created?

It won't change after makecat setup, but you can change it once it is
installed to the code/template_tag/.../ path.

> Also, is return unless $name =~ m{^[A-Z0-9]}; the correct code to fix,
> or should there be a space or something between the Z0 ?

No space, just [A-Z0-9], which is regex syntax for capital A-Z or
numeric 0-9.

--
Josh Lavin
End Point Corporation

Re: Interchange 5.10 Strap [ In reply to ]
Thanks Josh.

I just made the change again and it starts up fine and displays the 9000
This Stuff in product category OK now.

I must have messed the file up by adding the 3 some how.

Now it looks like it accommodates numbers and text.

I am still going to need to change my present product groups and
categories to deal with the menu as I see no way so far to deal with it
in the admin area. It might be there, but I have not found it yet.

Kerry