Mailing List Archive

Bundle::Interchange vs. Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink
Mike,

It has come to my attention that Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink does not
contain the new bcrypt-related modules that we added to
Bundle::Interchange.

This isn't the first time several of us have managed to overlook the
kitchen sink when updating the main bundle. It of course makes a mockery
of the kitchen sink name and philosophy. :)

I'm wondering: Is there any reason we can't make
Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink include Bundle::Interchange, so it'll
always be a superset in the future, and we don't *need* to remember this?

Jon

--
Jon Jensen
End Point Corporation

Re: Bundle::Interchange vs. Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 7 Dec 2015, Jon Jensen wrote:

> It has come to my attention that Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink does not
> contain the new bcrypt-related modules that we added to
> Bundle::Interchange.

Bah. I was blind, but now I see. They *are* there!

> Is there any reason we can't make Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink include
> Bundle::Interchange, so it'll always be a superset in the future, and we
> don't *need* to remember this?

But I still think that would be a nice thing to do, and possibly remove
all the Bundle::Interchange modules so it's easy to see what the
difference is.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen
End Point Corporation

Re: Bundle::Interchange vs. Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink [ In reply to ]
On 08/12/15 04:23, Jon Jensen wrote:
>> Is there any reason we can't make Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink
>> include Bundle::Interchange, so it'll always be a superset in the
>> future, and we don't *need* to remember this?
>
> But I still think that would be a nice thing to do, and possibly remove
> all the Bundle::Interchange modules so it's easy to see what the
> difference is.

+1

Peter

Re: Bundle::Interchange vs. Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink [ In reply to ]
Quoting Peter (peter@pajamian.dhs.org):
> On 08/12/15 04:23, Jon Jensen wrote:
> >> Is there any reason we can't make Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink
> >> include Bundle::Interchange, so it'll always be a superset in the
> >> future, and we don't *need* to remember this?
> >
> > But I still think that would be a nice thing to do, and possibly remove
> > all the Bundle::Interchange modules so it's easy to see what the
> > difference is.
>
> +1

I've done this. Seems to me that I had trouble last time I tried
to do this -- it might have been bundle-within-bundle-within-bundle
problems. I don't see any disclaimers on nesting, so I've done it.

Let me know of there are any problems installing v1.14 when it
hits CPAN.

--
Mike Heins
End Point -- Expert Internet Consulting http://www.endpoint.com/

Life is a long lesson in humility. -- James Barrie