I searched the docs and could not find a solution to what is happening
and why.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Re: SSL Cert. [ In reply to ]
Hi kerry!

Some of your content, such as basiq.css still has http URL's. Replace
the link with /pdf/basicq.css

Regards,

Jure Kodzoman
http://www.informastudio.com

Re: SSL Cert. [ In reply to ]
On 12/02/2015 03:23 PM, kerry wrote:
> My Host recently installed a new ssl cert to my site.
> It shows secure at the Geotrust site for checking, but when youclick
> the add button to add an item to the cart, you get a warning that the
> page is insecure. You can go through the rest of the checkout with out a
> problem. It also shows up in the admin side under the items tab.
>
> My host has verified that it working fine and indicates it is in the
> interchange program.
>
> Here is a link to an item ready to add to the cart for a look at what is
> happening. Just click the add button to see what is happening.
>
> https://decor.basicq.com/cgi-bin/dcart/P301.html
>
> I searched the docs and could not find a solution to what is happening
> and why.
>
> Any suggestions appreciated.

The form action points to http:// - you need to fix that.

Regards
Racke

--
Perl and Dancer Development

Visit our Perl::Dancer conference 2015.
More information on https://www.perl.dance.

Re: SSL Cert. [ In reply to ]
On 12/02/2015 09:28 AM, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> On 12/02/2015 03:23 PM, kerry wrote:
>> My Host recently installed a new ssl cert to my site.
>> It shows secure at the Geotrust site for checking, but when youclick
>> the add button to add an item to the cart, you get a warning that the
>> page is insecure. You can go through the rest of the checkout with out a
>> problem. It also shows up in the admin side under the items tab.
>>
>> My host has verified that it working fine and indicates it is in the
>> interchange program.
>>
>> Here is a link to an item ready to add to the cart for a look at what is
>> happening. Just click the add button to see what is happening.
>>
>> https://decor.basicq.com/cgi-bin/dcart/P301.html
>>
>> I searched the docs and could not find a solution to what is happening
>> and why.
>>
>> Any suggestions appreciated.
>>
> The form action points to http:// - you need to fix that.
>
> Regards
> Racke
Now to find where the form action is located.

My host noticed that all the pages have the https and the secure favon
on them.

Kerry

Re: SSL Cert. [ In reply to ]
On 12/02/2015 09:27 AM, Jure Kodžoman wrote:
> Hi kerry!
>
> Some of your content, such as basiq.css still has http URL's. Replace
> the link with /pdf/basicq.css
>
> Regards,
>
> Jure Kodzoman
> http://www.informastudio.com
>
> On 12/02/2015 03:23 PM, kerry wrote:
>> My Host recently installed a new ssl cert to my site.
>> It shows secure at the Geotrust site for checking, but when youclick
>> the add button to add an item to the cart, you get a warning that the
>> page is insecure. You can go through the rest of the checkout with out a
>> problem. It also shows up in the admin side under the items tab.
>>
>> My host has verified that it working fine and indicates it is in the
>> interchange program.
>>
>> Here is a link to an item ready to add to the cart for a look at what is
>> happening. Just click the add button to see what is happening.
>>
>> https://decor.basicq.com/cgi-bin/dcart/P301.html
>>
>> I searched the docs and could not find a solution to what is happening
>> and why.
>>
>> Any suggestions appreciated.

all basicq.css has in it is color change for p. I guess I could remove
it and let standard theme.css take it over to see if it makes a difference.

Kerry

Re: SSL Cert. [ In reply to ]
>> Some of your content, such as basiq.css still has http URL's. Replace
>> the link with /pdf/basicq.css
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Jure Kodzoman
>> http://www.informastudio.com
>>
>> On 12/02/2015 03:23 PM, kerry wrote:
>>> My Host recently installed a new ssl cert to my site.
>>> It shows secure at the Geotrust site for checking, but when youclick
>>> the add button to add an item to the cart, you get a warning that the
>>> page is insecure. You can go through the rest of the checkout with out a
>>> problem. It also shows up in the admin side under the items tab.
>>>
>>> My host has verified that it working fine and indicates it is in the
>>> interchange program.
>>>
>>> Here is a link to an item ready to add to the cart for a look at what is
>>> happening. Just click the add button to see what is happening.
>>>
>>> https://decor.basicq.com/cgi-bin/dcart/P301.html
>>>
>>> I searched the docs and could not find a solution to what is happening
>>> and why.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions appreciated.
>>>
> all basicq.css has in it is color change for p. I guess I could remove
> it and let standard theme.css take it over to see if it makes a difference.

It doesn't matter what's in it. It's an http request on a page that
should contain only https requests.

- Grant

Re: SSL Cert. [ In reply to ]
kerry wrote:

> On 12/02/2015 09:28 AM, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
>> On 12/02/2015 03:23 PM, kerry wrote:
>>> My Host recently installed a new ssl cert to my site.
>>> It shows secure at the Geotrust site for checking, but when youclick
>>> the add button to add an item to the cart, you get a warning that the
>>> page is insecure. You can go through the rest of the checkout with out a
>>> problem. It also shows up in the admin side under the items tab.
>>>
>>> My host has verified that it working fine and indicates it is in the
>>> interchange program.
>>>
>>> Here is a link to an item ready to add to the cart for a look at what is
>>> happening. Just click the add button to see what is happening.
>>>
>>> https://decor.basicq.com/cgi-bin/dcart/P301.html
>>>
>>> I searched the docs and could not find a solution to what is happening
>>> and why.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions appreciated.
>>>
>> The form action points to http:// - you need to fix that.
>>
>> Regards
>> Racke
> Now to find where the form action is located.
>
> My host noticed that all the pages have the https and the secure favon
> on them.
>

> Kerry

cd /var/lib/interchange/nasicq/ or wherever your catalog resides.

grep -r "http://decor.basicq.com"

That will list all instances in all pages of the insecure link. I assume
that your entire site is secure. Then you need to replace them all with
https://

I have the strap store well advanced and all secure. I found that once
the entire store was secure I kept losing the cart after the rewrite
rules. I was able to fix this by forcing a session id at most menu links.

https://www.kenyan-curios.com/?id=[data session id]

Then I had to fiddle around in apache2.conf so that the session id was
always removed for google and casual blowins, whilst once a session id
appears at the cart it was thereafter always enforced. I had a great
time hacking the strap store after encountering endless problems. It
looks like your cart may be more stable.

Re: SSL Cert. [ In reply to ]
On 12/02/2015 11:37 AM, Frank Reitzenstein wrote:
> kerry wrote:

>>> The form action points to http:// - you need to fix that.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Racke
>> Now to find where the form action is located.
>>
>> My host noticed that all the pages have the https and the secure favon
>> on them.
>>

>> Kerry

> cd /var/lib/interchange/nasicq/ or wherever your catalog resides.
>
> grep -r "http://decor.basicq.com"
>
> That will list all instances in all pages of the insecure link. I assume
> that your entire site is secure. Then you need to replace them all with
> https://
>
> I have the strap store well advanced and all secure. I found that once
> the entire store was secure I kept losing the cart after the rewrite
> rules. I was able to fix this by forcing a session id at most menu links.
>
> https://www.kenyan-curios.com/?id=[data session id]
>
> Then I had to fiddle around in apache2.conf so that the session id was
> always removed for google and casual blowins, whilst once a session id
> appears at the cart it was thereafter always enforced. I had a great
> time hacking the strap store after encountering endless problems. It
> looks like your cart may be more stable.

Somehow, it is not being read now after the ssl cert was installed and
the system rebooted. Also in another reply, I mentioned that all pages
are coming up with the https:// as well. I did not notice that until my
host mentioned it.

Re: SSL Cert. [ In reply to ]
On 12/02/2015 11:37 AM, Frank Reitzenstein wrote:
> kerry wrote:

>>> The form action points to http:// - you need to fix that.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Racke
>> Now to find where the form action is located.
>>
>> My host noticed that all the pages have the https and the secure favon
>> on them.
>>

>> Kerry

> cd /var/lib/interchange/nasicq/ or wherever your catalog resides.
>
> grep -r "http://decor.basicq.com"
>
> That will list all instances in all pages of the insecure link. I assume
> that your entire site is secure. Then you need to replace them all with
> https://
>
> I have the strap store well advanced and all secure. I found that once
> the entire store was secure I kept losing the cart after the rewrite
> rules. I was able to fix this by forcing a session id at most menu links.
>
> https://www.kenyan-curios.com/?id=[data session id]
>
> Then I had to fiddle around in apache2.conf so that the session id was
> always removed for google and casual blowins, whilst once a session id
> appears at the cart it was thereafter always enforced. I had a great
> time hacking the strap store after encountering endless problems. It
> looks like your cart may be more stable.

http://dottech.org/86332/firefox-is-going-to-start-forcing-https-usage-for-sensitive-websites-to-thwart-man-in-the-middle-attacks/

Looks like Firefox is part of the problem. I checked some other pc here and seems like some have the new stuff enabled and others not.

My host said the same thing, secure the whole site and be done with it.

I will see if I can follow your advise.

Re: SSL Cert. [ In reply to ]
kerry wrote:

> On 12/02/2015 11:37 AM, Frank Reitzenstein wrote:
>> kerry wrote:

>>> Now to find where the form action is located.
>>>
>>> My host noticed that all the pages have the https and the secure favon
>>> on them.
>>>

>>> Kerry

>> cd /var/lib/interchange/nasicq/ or wherever your catalog resides.
>>
>> grep -r "http://decor.basicq.com"
>>
>> That will list all instances in all pages of the insecure link. I assume
>> that your entire site is secure. Then you need to replace them all with
>> https://
>>
>> I have the strap store well advanced and all secure. I found that once
>> the entire store was secure I kept losing the cart after the rewrite
>> rules. I was able to fix this by forcing a session id at most menu links.
>>
>> https://www.kenyan-curios.com/?id=[data session id]
>>
>> Then I had to fiddle around in apache2.conf so that the session id was
>> always removed for google and casual blowins, whilst once a session id
>> appears at the cart it was thereafter always enforced. I had a great
>> time hacking the strap store after encountering endless problems. It
>> looks like your cart may be more stable.

> http://dottech.org/86332/firefox-is-going-to-start-forcing-https-usage-for-sensitive-websites-to-thwart-man-in-the-middle-attacks/
>

> Looks like Firefox is part of the problem. I checked some other pc here and seems like some have the new stuff enabled and others not.
>
> My host said the same thing, secure the whole site and be done with it.
>
> I will see if I can follow your advise.

OK I thought my advice was inappropriate, you haven't secured the whole
site. It took me 16 hour days (whilst running my biz) for a month plus
much more. However I used the new store not yet released, admitted to be
buggy.

I tried pgsql for the first time but it caused premature end of scripts
on some options. Basically I was prepared to do the job many times over
because I wanted the HTML5 CSS store badly.

I your case you may wish to try the entire secure site. I am guessing
that you wont be using pages of rewrite rules. I got everything apart
from the checkout process from which google is banned pretty neat. I
found that applying rewrite rules dropped the cart so I kept the
/cgi-bin/store for all those pages, but I was able to force the session
id in any link that was letting me down, for example an interruption
back to the home page. Further I found that I could get whatever
behaviour I wanted with mod rewrite to refine it more.

https://www.kenyan-curios.com/
https://www.kenyan-curios.com/Grocery/Drinks/
https://www.kenyan-curios.com/akin-pure-facial-cleansing-gel.html
...but the price was pretty high.

The /cgi-bin/store really sucks.

My advice is to work very hard and keep working until you get what you
want. When I hit a brick wall I tried something else and I'm almost
there. I guess I am pretty much there. I need to fix the descriptions as
I use perl to massage them. Also I want to write software to use one of
the surplus columns in products.txt to store the image dimensions, as
page optimization suggests that this is necessary for fast rendering. I
think Interchange may be able to manage that but often I just do my own
thing.

Re: SSL Cert. [ In reply to ]
On 12/02/2015 06:43 PM, kerry wrote:

> On 12/02/2015 11:37 AM, Frank Reitzenstein wrote:
>> kerry wrote:

>>> Now to find where the form action is located.
>>>
>>> My host noticed that all the pages have the https and the secure favon
>>> on them.
>>>

>>> Kerry

>> cd /var/lib/interchange/nasicq/ or wherever your catalog resides.
>>
>> grep -r "http://decor.basicq.com"
>>
>> That will list all instances in all pages of the insecure link. I assume
>> that your entire site is secure. Then you need to replace them all with
>> https://
>>
>> I have the strap store well advanced and all secure. I found that once
>> the entire store was secure I kept losing the cart after the rewrite
>> rules. I was able to fix this by forcing a session id at most menu links.
>>
>> https://www.kenyan-curios.com/?id=[data session id]
>>
>> Then I had to fiddle around in apache2.conf so that the session id was
>> always removed for google and casual blowins, whilst once a session id
>> appears at the cart it was thereafter always enforced. I had a great
>> time hacking the strap store after encountering endless problems. It
>> looks like your cart may be more stable.

> http://dottech.org/86332/firefox-is-going-to-start-forcing-https-usage-for-sensitive-websites-to-thwart-man-in-the-middle-attacks/
>

> Looks like Firefox is part of the problem. I checked some other pc here and seems like some have the new stuff enabled and others not.
>
> My host said the same thing, secure the whole site and be done with it.
>
> I will see if I can follow your advise.

It is definitely recommended to use https:// only, also Google claims they
give you a little bump in their ranking if you abolish http://.

E.g., the starting point is:

VendURL https://__SERVER_NAME____CGI_URL__

Regards
Racke

Re: SSL Cert. [ In reply to ]
On 12/02/2015 02:01 PM, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> On 12/02/2015 06:43 PM, kerry wrote:

>>> cd /var/lib/interchange/nasicq/ or wherever your catalog resides.
>>>
>>> grep -r "http://decor.basicq.com"
>>>
>>> That will list all instances in all pages of the insecure link. I assume
>>> that your entire site is secure. Then you need to replace them all with
>>> https://
>>>
>>> I have the strap store well advanced and all secure. I found that once
>>> the entire store was secure I kept losing the cart after the rewrite
>>> rules. I was able to fix this by forcing a session id at most menu links.
>>>
>>> https://www.kenyan-curios.com/?id=[data session id]
>>>
>>> Then I had to fiddle around in apache2.conf so that the session id was
>>> always removed for google and casual blowins, whilst once a session id
>>> appears at the cart it was thereafter always enforced. I had a great
>>> time hacking the strap store after encountering endless problems. It
>>> looks like your cart may be more stable.

>> http://dottech.org/86332/firefox-is-going-to-start-forcing-https-usage-for-sensitive-websites-to-thwart-man-in-the-middle-attacks/
>>

>> Looks like Firefox is part of the problem. I checked some other pc here and seems like some have the new stuff enabled and others not.
>>
>> My host said the same thing, secure the whole site and be done with it.
>>
>> I will see if I can follow your advise.
> It is definitely recommended to use https:// only, also Google claims they
> give you a little bump in their ranking if you abolish http://.
>
> E.g., the starting point is:
>
> VendURL https://__SERVER_NAME____CGI_URL__
>
> Regards
> Racke

Great starting point. This looks like it took care of the major problem
of the warning sign pop up. Now to locate the rest of my http links.

Thanks Racke and the others who helped.