Mailing List Archive

Strap
I downloaded the zip file of the Strap Template from here
https://github.com/jdigory/strap

I managed to route the broadcast and network addresses of the subnet of
4 iinet gave me to my pc, by configuring then as a subnet of 32, so now
I have a development server on my pc and I also have a similar server on
a virtual machine which I may also make public on the second spare ip
address if I can work that out.

So here is my Strap cart out of the box.

http://new.aussievitamin.com/cgi-bin/strap/Painting-Supplies/Sandpaper

There are two problems. Firstly if I type in a silly page name the "page
not found error" does not log in /var/lib/interchange/strap/logs/error.log

-rw-rw---- 1 interch interch 16523 Sep 25 19:46
/var/lib/interchange/strap/logs/error.log

Also as you can see from the link above there is an error when you visit
that, which does not log.

However there are occasional entries in the log.

- - - [25/September/2015:19:46:47 +0800] strap - table stock_alert index
failed: ERROR: relation "stock_alert" does not exist
- - - [25/September/2015:19:46:47 +0800] strap - table 'stock_alert'
failed: list_fields execute on stock_alert: ERROR: relation
"stock_alert" does not exist
LINE 1: SELECT * FROM stock_alert WHERE 2 = 1
^ at /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm
line 1863.

I have uncommented the Debug in Sub ncheck_category in catalog.cfg

Frank Reitzenstein

Re: Strap [ In reply to ]
Quoting Frank Reitzenstein (frank@aussievitamin.com):
> I downloaded the zip file of the Strap Template from here
> https://github.com/jdigory/strap

Hi Frank, glad you are able to give it a try.

> So here is my Strap cart out of the box.
> http://new.aussievitamin.com/cgi-bin/strap/Painting-Supplies/Sandpaper
>
> There are two problems. Firstly if I type in a silly page name the
> "page not found error" does not log in
> /var/lib/interchange/strap/logs/error.log

This is not something the Strap or Standard templates offer
out-of-the-box. You can modify special_pages/missing.html to do this,
if you like.

> Also as you can see from the link above there is an error when you visit
> that, which does not log.

Yes, this is a known bug with some installs of both the Strap and
Standard templates.

It affects the use of $Tag in catalog.cfg, which is used by the 'ncheck'
subroutine on the category pages.

I have seen it affect Perl 5.14.1 and 5.22.0 -- but I have also seen a
working 5.14.1.

What version of Perl were you using? You may try something like 5.12 and
see if that works.

> However there are occasional entries in the log.
>
> - - - [25/September/2015:19:46:47 +0800] strap - table stock_alert index
> failed: ERROR: relation "stock_alert" does not exist
> - - - [25/September/2015:19:46:47 +0800] strap - table 'stock_alert'
> failed: list_fields execute on stock_alert: ERROR: relation
> "stock_alert" does not exist
> LINE 1: SELECT * FROM stock_alert WHERE 2 = 1
> ^ at /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm
> line 1863.

You appear to be missing the stock_alert table. If you are trying to use
Strap with an existing database, you will need to create this table. See
dbconf/mysql/stock_alert.mysql, for example.

Using Interchange's makecat command would have created this table for
you, along with the others.

--
Josh Lavin
End Point Corporation

Re: Strap [ In reply to ]
Quoting Josh Lavin (jlavin@endpoint.com):
> Quoting Frank Reitzenstein (frank@aussievitamin.com):
>
> > Also as you can see from the link above there is an error when you
> > visit that, which does not log.
>
> Yes, this is a known bug with some installs of both the Strap and
> Standard templates.
>
> It affects the use of $Tag in catalog.cfg, which is used by the
> 'ncheck' subroutine on the category pages.
>
> I have seen it affect Perl 5.14.1 and 5.22.0 -- but I have also seen a
> working 5.14.1.

I've made some changes to resolve this problem all the time. You can
find them here:

https://github.com/jdigory/strap/commit/76fc3ffa280922606034c280d83d7f837790fa8f

Just alter catalog.cfg to remove that Sub part, and download the
ncheck_catagory.tag file and place in your Interchange server directory,
under: code/template_tag/strap/

Restart, and it should be fixed.

--
Josh Lavin
End Point Corporation

Re: Strap [ In reply to ]
Hello Josh,

Thankyou very much for your response.

I am running Perl 5.20.2 on Ubuntu 15.04 Server. I also use startx with
a full carefully crafted Desktop and I can 'pkill -f x-session-manager'
when it is to run as a server in my office.

I was using makecat and Postgresql ...for the first time after giving up
on Mysql (Also INET for the first time). I also had errors in Safe.pm
with your Interchange 5.8.2 tar.gz download, so I stole Safe.pm from the
Ubuntu apt-get install interchange one.

So far I can report that I can create many times as many catalogs in one
sitting with Postgresql without mishap than on Mysql, so I guess the
next step is an automated script.

So you may wish to to note that the table you mentioned and others were
NOT created by makecat as they should have been. I can send more details
if necessary. I have become proficient in surviving. I am building text
files which can be pasted into mysql and postgresql.

sudo -u postgres psql
ALTER USER postgres PASSWORD 'newpassword';
CREATE DATABASE aussievitamin with OWNER aussievitamin
DROP TABLE products;

CREATE TABLE products (
sku varchar(64) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
description varchar(128),
title varchar(128),
comment text,
thumb varchar(128),
image varchar(64),
price varchar(12),
category varchar(64),
nontaxable varchar(3),
weight varchar(12) ,
size varchar(96) ,
color varchar(96) ,
related text ,
featured varchar(32) ,
inactive varchar(3) default '' ,
gift_cert varchar(3) default ''
);

Anyway looking forward to implementing ncheck_catagory.tag on your
suggestions. Not sure if I want to downgrade perl but I may need to.

I have become a dangerous hacker over the years but I have little
understanding of your fancy development community.

Regards,

Frank Reitzenstein

Re: Strap [ In reply to ]
Hello Josh,

I implemented the ncheck_category.tag as suggested. Then I restarted interchange and visited the broken link again and it still didn't work.

I then did this test:

In catalog.cfg

## Map a subroutine to happen if the page is not there
#SpecialSub missing ncheck_category

SpecialSub missing gadaffi

...restarted interchange and then searched both /var/lib/interchange and
/usr/lib/interchange recursively for the text "gadaffi" inside files.

It looks to me like this line in catalog.cfg is not being read at all by
Interchange:

## Map a subroutine to happen if the page is not there
SpecialSub missing ncheck_category

I guess I will downgrade Perl as you suggested.

Regards,

Frank Reitzenstein

Re: Strap [ In reply to ]
Hello Josh,

I uninstalled Perl 5.20.2 from Ubuntu 15.04 server amd 64 with apt-get
and had much more trouble than I can ever remember working out where I
wanted to install perl, installing quite a few tar.gz files like perl
5.12.5 and 5.22.0.

Then I reinstalled Perl 5.20.2 with apt-get. I then noticed that whilst
uninstalling perl with apt-get, I had also uninstalled apache2, samba
and winbind.

Anyway for some reason the problem is now fixed although the perl
version has not changed. The fact that some software was uninstalled
unintentionally suggests that it may not be the Perl version causing the
problem, but some other software breaking this:

SpecialSub missing ncheck_category

http://new.aussievitamin.com/cgi-bin/strap/Measuring-Tools/Levels

Regards,

Frank Reitzenstein

Re: Strap [ In reply to ]
I have made some progress implementing the strap store. I used the
default perl in ubuntu 15.04.

Because the product group urls on the left did not expand I did that in
apache2.conf.

Also I rewrote product_tree because it was repeating and only showing
one subgroup.

My biggest problems now are that I cannot disable the session ids in the
url in catalog.cfg, but worse than that AlwaysSecure doesn't work. I
then lose my cart at the checkout page.

http://new.aussievitamin.com/

Re: Strap [ In reply to ]
Quoting Frank Reitzenstein (frank@aussievitamin.com):
> I have made some progress implementing the strap store. I used the
> default perl in ubuntu 15.04.
>
> Because the product group urls on the left did not expand I did that in
> apache2.conf.
>
> Also I rewrote product_tree because it was repeating and only showing
> one subgroup.
>
> My biggest problems now are that I cannot disable the session ids in the
> url in catalog.cfg, but worse than that AlwaysSecure doesn't work. I
> then lose my cart at the checkout page.
>
> http://new.aussievitamin.com/

Hi Frank,

Just looking, I think your session problem may be related to the fact
that your IC urls have the CGI-bin in them, but when you actually
click, it is not there (/shop/aussievitamin).

Just a thought.

I'm not sure on your Always Secure problem, not having seen your setup,
but remember you can just make the "VendURL" always use "https://", as
Google prefers all-secure websites.

Best,
Josh

Re: Strap [ In reply to ]
Thankyou Josh for all your help.

I bought a secure certificate for a future site and got it all happening
here. It was a lot of work.

http://www.kenyan-curios.com/

I notice that items with options won't add to the cart after my server
redirects. I need to add some hyphens to the prod_group in the
product_tree I wrote, and I have to remember how I set up gpg and order
profiles. Otherwise all the way to the checkout page I am very happy, so
thanks again.

Frank Reitzenstein

Re: Strap [ In reply to ]
Is there any other way of selecting the gpg key than through the UI?

Sorry, there was an error in processing this form action. Please report
the error or try again later. (DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: current
transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
at /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 510, line 12. )

Re: Strap [ In reply to ]
ok I worked all that out it seems to pick it up from variable.txt.

Re: Strap [ In reply to ]
Hello Josh,

Customers can now check out. I don't need automated processing at this time.

https://www.kenyan-curios.com/

I had to hack some things including this in lib/Vend/Order.pm:

foreach my $thiskey (@keys) {
$thiskey =~ s/'/\\'/g;
$cmd .= "$keyparam '$thiskey' ";
}

$cmd = "/usr/bin/gpg --batch --always-trust -e -a -r
sales\@aussievitamin.com ";

$cmd =~ s/:~PERCENT~:/%/g;

203.59.28.208 SkXw8WJI:203.59.28.208 - [08/October/2015:22:22:18 +0800]
aussievitamin /cgi-bin/aussievitamin/ord/finalize.html PGP hard failure,
command that failed: '894A56BA'
>/var/lib/interchange/aussievitamin/tmp/pgp.SkXw8WJI.14530.out
2>/var/lib/interchange/aussievitamin/tmp/pgp.SkXw8WJI.14530.err
203.59.28.208 pIfxyXzK:203.59.28.208 - [08/October/2015:22:23:08 +0800]
aussievitamin /cgi-bin/aussievitamin/ord/finalize.html PGP failed with
error level 32512, status 127: Key has expired
203.59.28.208 pIfxyXzK:203.59.28.208 - [08/October/2015:22:23:08 +0800]
aussievitamin /cgi-bin/aussievitamin/ord/finalize.html PGP hard failure,
command that failed: '894A56BA'
>/var/lib/interchange/aussievitamin/tmp/pgp.pIfxyXzK.14682.out
2>/var/lib/interchange/aussievitamin/tmp/pgp.pIfxyXzK.14682.err

PGP hard failure, command that failed: '894A56BA'

Eventually I worked out that that was the linux command itself, so I
then altered $cmd

That should do us for a while. I guess I could even fix the problem
properly if I had more time.

I spent hours trying to fix it

Just to make sure I uncommented the added hack in Order.pm, added this
line to variable.txt:

ENCRYPTOR /usr/bin/gpg --batch --always-trust -e -a -r
sales\@aussievitamin.com Encryption

..but I still got the same meaningless error messages and no checkout.

Regards,

Frank Reitzenstein