Mailing List Archive

flash in Interchange 4.6.1
Hello:
Hi am having a problem trying to put a flash file in Interchange-4.6.1 Linux
5.0)
I have created a page called a.html (for testing)
I put the '.ah_cast.swf' file in the /pages dir and I can not get it to run.
I have tested the script/movie on my server and it works.
Looks like a path problem but I am not sure.
As usual Thanks for any help
JD

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>ah_cast</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
<!-- URL's used in the movie-->
<!-- text used in the movie-->
<!--Your friends' e-mai l your e-mail Tell
ttosearch.com --><OBJECT
classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"

codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.ca
b#version=5,0,0,0"
WIDTH=252 HEIGHT=115>
<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="ah_cast.swf"> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high>
<PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#FFFFFF> <EMBED src="ah_cast.swf" quality=high
bgcolor=#FFFFFF WIDTH=252 HEIGHT=115 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"
PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_
Version=ShockwaveFlash"></EMBED>
</OBJECT>
</BODY>
</HTML>
Jerry Davis
Transworld Network Inc
http://www.transworldnetwork.com
310.781.7788
Interchange-4.6.1 Site:
http://www.firsttosearch.com
_______________________________

On The Weekends I work in the yard,
pick up the dog doo. Hope that it's hard.
Joe Walsh, Average Guy
_______________________________
flash in Interchange 4.6.1 [ In reply to ]
At 01:30 PM 1/13/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Hello:
>Hi am having a problem trying to put a flash file in Interchange-4.6.1 Linux
>5.0)
>I have created a page called a.html (for testing)
>I put the '.ah_cast.swf' file in the /pages dir and I can not get it to run.
>I have tested the script/movie on my server and it works.
>Looks like a path problem but I am not sure.
>As usual Thanks for any help

Hi Jerry,

You'll need to move the .swf file into your regular HTML docs directory
rather than in your /pages directory of your store. The .swf file does not
need to be interpreted by IC.

If the page that calls the .swf file (a.html in you case) needs IC, it can
stay in the /pages directory. But the link from that page to your .swf
file will need to be an absolute reference to the .swf file in your HTML
docs directory. In other words, it will need start with a '/' or be a full
URL.

Hope this helps.

Randy Moore
Axion Information Technologies, Inc.

email ramoore@axion-it.net
phone 301-408-1200
fax 301-445-3947
flash in Interchange 4.6.1 [ In reply to ]
Hi Randy;
I will make the changes and let the list know
yhanks VERY much
JD