annoying nevertheless. Any input on this will be helpfull.

----
Alex
127.0.0.1 bug? [ In reply to ]
Quoting Alex (alex@jdmrktng.com):
> Hi all, does anybody encountered the bug when all cart generated links in
> the cart pages get containing 127.0.0.1 in place of a normal server name?
> This situation occures not very often and at random times, but it's
> annoying nevertheless. Any input on this will be helpfull.

No one has encountered the "bug". Quite a few have encountered RobotLimit.

I hate it when people toss the word bug around without investigating
anything.

--
Akopia, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH 45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

-- Wernher Von Braun
127.0.0.1 bug? [ In reply to ]
this was discussed earlier in December...

check the archives!

} Hi all, does anybody encountered the bug when all cart
} generated links in
} the cart pages get containing 127.0.0.1 in place of a normal
} server name?
} This situation occures not very often and at random times, but it's
} annoying nevertheless. Any input on this will be helpfull.
}
} ----
} Alex
}
}
}
} _______________________________________________
} Interchange-users mailing list
} Interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
}
127.0.0.1 bug? [ In reply to ]
Quoting Alex (alex@jdmrktng.com):
> Okay, let's call it by the word "situation", if it'll more suit you. It
> doesn't change the core of it - when you're clicking on a link in the
> cart, at random times the browser responds "host 127.0.0.1 not found", and
> viewing the sorce html, indeed all links contain 127.0.0.1 as a host name.
> And if you're so sure that no one encountered it, then I'll be the first.
>
> ----
> Alex
>
> On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Mike Heins wrote:
>
> > Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 08:52:59 -0500
> > From: Mike Heins <mikeh@minivend.com>
> > To: interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
> > Subject: Re: [ic] 127.0.0.1 bug?
> >
> > Quoting Alex (alex@jdmrktng.com):
> > > Hi all, does anybody encountered the bug when all cart generated links in
> > > the cart pages get containing 127.0.0.1 in place of a normal server name?
> > > This situation occures not very often and at random times, but it's
> > > annoying nevertheless. Any input on this will be helpfull.
> >
> > No one has encountered the "bug". Quite a few have encountered RobotLimit.

Despite being offended, I answered your question. As I said,
RobotLimit. Increase it. Or have a 30 second pause between clicks every
100 pages or so.

When I mentioned investigation, I meant that this question is answered in
the FAQ, the mail list archives, and in Bugzilla. It is being addressed
to exclude admins from RobotLimit in 4.7.

Please don't use the word bug without investigation. I pay attention to
bugs, and I don't like looking for the word and finding that I have been
unduly exercised. Thank you.

If you find something you think is a bug, please investigate it and
then enter it in Bugzilla *if it isn't already there*. If you think it
is something that should be corrected even if you find a workaround,
enter it as an enhancement. We do pay attention to Bugzilla quite closely,
and we do pay attention to enhancement requests. But I have a problem with
ones fired from the hip.

--
Akopia, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH 45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman
127.0.0.1 bug? [ In reply to ]
Quoting Mike Heins (mikeh@minivend.com):
> If you find something you think is a bug, please investigate it and
> then enter it in Bugzilla *if it isn't already there*. If you think it
> is something that should be corrected even if you find a workaround,
> enter it as an enhancement. We do pay attention to Bugzilla quite closely,
> and we do pay attention to enhancement requests. But I have a problem with
> ones fired from the hip.

I apologize. It isn't in the latest version of the FAQ, nor could I
find it in Bugzilla. I will find out what is going on with the FAQ,
which doesn't appear to have any new questions since June.

--
Akopia, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH 45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.
127.0.0.1 bug? [ In reply to ]
I have 2 standalone systems that sit in 2 store locations. I have them
both set to 127.0.0.1 with no problems.

Ven's News (Bookmark It) : http://www.vensnews.com

Ven (ven@lordsofacid.com) _________________ http://ven.lordsofacid.com __
AOL: WebmstrVen Praga Khan's Official Website ICQ: 8321393
http://www.pragakhan.com
Lords of Acid Official Website
http://www.lordsofacid.com

127.0.0.1 bug? [ In reply to ]

127.0.0.1 bug? [ In reply to ]
Thank you, and I didn't mean any offence, sorry if it looked this way. I
didn't get your words about RobotLimit as an answer to it. Thanks again.

----

127.0.0.1 bug? [ In reply to ]
Thanks again. And while we are on the Bugzilla subject, here is one more
issue I wished to mention. It's about how the chain_cost subroutine in
Data.pm. The following part seemed not to be working correctly:

if($passed_key) {
(! $key and $key = $passed_key)
or
(! $field and $field = $passed_key)
or
(! $table and $table = $passed_key);
}

It started working after I changed it to

if($passed_key) {
if($key !~ /\w/) {
$key = $passed_key;
}