secure site on another is it going to cause conflicts when they go to except
payment...how is their info going to get passed from one server to the
other?
secure server [ In reply to ]
I've found that when using the newest versions of IE
and Netscape, the cart contents are dropped when you
go to the secure server if the domain names do not
match. No idea why, but the problem was fixed when I
changed the domains to http://www.domainname.com and
https://www.domainname.com

Jason Ballou
http://www.collectpipes.com

http://photos.yahoo.com/
secure server [ In reply to ]
Just my thoughts, but since the data is "passed" to the order handler and
since the URL of the order handler is configurable in the admin interface, I
don't see why there would be a problem.

Troy
> Just a quick question...if i have a users web site on one server and their
> secure site on another is it going to cause conflicts when they go to
except
> payment...how is their info going to get passed from one server to the
> other?

---
secure server [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 03:27:37PM -0800, Jason Ballou wrote:

> I've found that when using the newest versions of IE
> and Netscape, the cart contents are dropped when you
> go to the secure server if the domain names do not
> match. No idea why,

That'll be because you can't move cookies from one domain to another. If
the cookie domain is set correctly, though, I think you could do it. Say
your hosts were:

www.shoppingplace.com
secure.shoppingplace.com

If you set your cookie for shoppingplace.com instead of
www.shoppingplace.com, then I *think* secure.shoppingplace.com can also
see it. Anyone care to confirm this?

There is a special case of a cookie exploit that can violate these rules,
however:

http://www.cookiecentral.com/bug/index.shtml

2
Regards, /|/|