In catalogs based on "barry" the multi/checkout page has a country pull-down
list that, when changed, is supposed to come back to the same page. But it
is going to the multi/shipping page. (IC is 4.6.1, Barry demo may be older.)

That means that if you select "Other," the value hidden in the pull down
(Japan) is taken instead of giving the user another chance to select a
country. I've tried a few changes to the code on the page, but to no avail.
Anyone else run into this?

Martin Abell
Multi/checkout page in Barry: country change moves to multi/shipping [ In reply to ]
I use the following:

[if value s_country =~ /^((US)|(CA)|(\s*))$/]
<SELECT NAME="s_country" onChange="this.form.submit()">
<OPTION VALUE="US">United States
<OPTION VALUE="CA" [selected s_country CA]>Canada
<OPTION VALUE="..">Other (select to change)
</SELECT>
[else]
<SELECT NAME="s_country" onChange="this.form.submit()">
[loop
search="ra=yes/fi=country.txt/ml=1000/tf=name/rf=0,name"
option="s_country"]
<OPTION VALUE="[loop-code]" [selected s_country [loop-code]]>[loop-param
name]
[/loop]
</SELECT>
[/else]
[/if]

Note that I set the "Other" item to a value that doesn't correspond to a
valid country code. This prevents a country from being defaulted to when the
full country listing is used.

--
Jeff Carnahan - jcarnahan@networq.com