Mailing List Archive

installation problem...
Hi to all!

I'm completly new:

I tried to install interchange-4.6.1, but it seems I missed something or did
something wrong. THIS IS THE STEPS THAT I FOLLOWED TO INSTALL IT.

- I downloaded the: tarball (all platforms) to my desktop.
-then I unpack (unzipped) and extract the files to a folder in my desktop.
-uploaded the folder: interchange-4.6.1 to my root: domainname-www/
-look foward the configure file and run it through the browser
-it just opened, DID NOTHING ELSE

It didn't do anything just open

After that I when to: makecat.pl under the scripts directory, but could'nt
run it throught browser nor the ftp.

May someone tell me if I was suppost to upload the file I downloaded:
interchange-4.6.1.tar.gz (just like I downloaded it?)

Did I downloaded the wrong file?

What is it what I did wrong?

Thanks to all for your help!!!

Yoan Valiente
Miamishoppings@aol.com
installation problem... [ In reply to ]

------=_NextPart_000_0113_01C07652.A8BC9160

Hello,

Can you Telnet or SSH into your server? I am new to this also but from =
what I saw I doubt that IC can be installed through your browser.

Let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.

Chris
----- Original Message -----=20
I tried to install interchange-4.6.1, but it seems I missed something =
or did=20
something wrong. THIS IS THE STEPS THAT I FOLLOWED TO INSTALL IT.

- I downloaded the: tarball (all platforms) to my desktop.=20
-then I unpack (unzipped) and extract the files to a folder in my =
desktop.
-uploaded the folder: interchange-4.6.1 to my root: domainname-www/=20
-look foward the configure file and run it through the browser
-it just opened, DID NOTHING ELSE

It didn't do anything just open

After that I when to: makecat.pl under the scripts directory, but =
could'nt=20
run it throught browser nor the ftp.

May someone tell me if I was suppost to upload the file I downloaded:=20
interchange-4.6.1.tar.gz (just like I downloaded it?)

Did I downloaded the wrong file?

What is it what I did wrong?

Thanks to all for your help!!!

Yoan Valiente
Miamishoppings@aol.com

------=_NextPart_000_0113_01C07652.A8BC9160

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Hello,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Can&nbsp;you&nbsp;Telnet or SSH into your server? I am new to this =
also but=20
from what I saw I doubt that IC can be installed through your =
browser.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Chris</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
<DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
<A title=3DMiamiShoppings@aol.com=20
href=3D"mailto:MiamiShoppings@aol.com">MiamiShoppings@aol.com</A> =
</DIV>
title=3Dinterchange-users@lists.akopia.com=20
=
href=3D"mailto:interchange-users@lists.akopia.com">interchange-users@list=
s.akopia.com</A>=20
</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, January 04, =
2001 1:14=20
PM</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [ic] installation=20
problem...</DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>Hi to all! <BR><BR>I'm completly new:<BR><BR>I tried to =
install=20
interchange-4.6.1, but it seems I missed something or did =
<BR>something=20
wrong.&nbsp; THIS IS THE STEPS THAT I FOLLOWED TO INSTALL IT.<BR><BR>- =
I=20
downloaded the: tarball (all platforms) to my desktop. <BR>-then I =
unpack=20
(unzipped) and extract the files to a folder in my =
desktop.<BR>-uploaded the=20
folder: interchange-4.6.1 to my root: domainname-www/ <BR>-look foward =
the=20
configure file and run it through the browser<BR>-it just opened, DID =
NOTHING=20
ELSE<BR><BR>It didn't do anything just open<BR><BR>After that I when =
to:=20
makecat.pl under the scripts directory, but could'nt <BR>run it =
throught=20
browser nor the ftp.<BR><BR><BR>May someone tell me if I was suppost =
to upload=20
the file I downloaded: <BR>interchange-4.6.1.tar.gz (just like I =
downloaded=20
it?)<BR><BR>Did I downloaded the wrong file?<BR><BR>What is it what I =
did=20
wrong?<BR><BR><BR>Thanks to all for your help!!!<BR><BR><BR><BR>Yoan=20
Valiente<BR><A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:Miamishoppings@aol.com">Miamishoppings@aol.com</A><BR><BR>=

installation problem... [ In reply to ]
Hello,

Setting up the Cart without access to through telnet or SSH is near
impossible. If your hosting provider does not allow you telnet or SSH
access then you may want to find another provider that supports Interchange
and already has it setup on their server. Good luck.

-Ron

installation problem... [ In reply to ]
Well...firstly you need linux to run Akopia...

Robert Smith
Creps United Publications

installation problem... [ In reply to ]
Yoan:

You may wish to review the prerequisites for running Interchange at
http://www.akopia.com/tecreq.html

If the server that you are attempting to run this on does not provide this
support you will need to change servers, ISP's or fuggeddaboudit...

Interchange is areasonable product but it has certain requirements, and if you
need more than the standard functionality that the demo provides it has a
moderatelty hard learning curve.

Are you in Miami Fl, USA? My company is.

Paul