Shop- und Datenbanklösungen mit MiniVend, Firewalls auf Debian-Basis
http://www.linuxia.de - http://www.cobolt.net
--> Junior Officer of the MiniVend/Interchange Bug Patrol <---
Execution of arbitrary code on database update [ In reply to ]
Stefan Hornburg <racke@linuxia.de> writes:

> Has IC any infrastructure to execute arbitrary code on a
> database update.

My guess is "no". It seems to me that IC only executes code when
pages load. So, you would need to do whatever processing on the page
that actually does the update. If you have more than one page that
does the update, consider a user-tag or a catalog scoped subroutine
(like bar_link).
--
(__) Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1 61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543
Execution of arbitrary code on database update [ In reply to ]
Doug Alcorn <doug@lathi.net> writes:

> Stefan Hornburg <racke@linuxia.de> writes:
>
> > Has IC any infrastructure to execute arbitrary code on a
> > database update.
>
> My guess is "no". It seems to me that IC only executes code when
> pages load. So, you would need to do whatever processing on the page
> that actually does the update. If you have more than one page that
> does the update, consider a user-tag or a catalog scoped subroutine
> (like bar_link).

If it is not there, I would consider to hack it in. Maybe
Akopia can comment on an possible interface.

Bye
Racke

--
LinuXia Systems && Cobolt NetServices, eCommerce and more
Execution of arbitrary code on database update [ In reply to ]
On 3 Jan 2001, Stefan Hornburg wrote:

> If it is not there, I would consider to hack it in. Maybe
> Akopia can comment on an possible interface.

Stefan,

It sounds like you are interested in basically a database-independent
trigger capability for Interchang, something like you get with Oracle and
PostgreSQL, right? So you could define a certain database state (new row
inserted, row deleted, etc.) and have certain code execute?

Jon
Execution of arbitrary code on database update [ In reply to ]
Jon Jensen <jon@akopia.com> writes:

> On 3 Jan 2001, Stefan Hornburg wrote:
>
> > If it is not there, I would consider to hack it in. Maybe
> > Akopia can comment on an possible interface.
>
> Stefan,
>
> It sounds like you are interested in basically a database-independent
> trigger capability for Interchang, something like you get with Oracle and
> PostgreSQL, right? So you could define a certain database state (new row
> inserted, row deleted, etc.) and have certain code execute?

Sth. like that, yes. I assume that would be useful anyway.

Cheers
Racke