Mailing List Archive

Re: Your message to Gnupg-users awaits moderator approval
On Mon Mar 4, 2024 at 2:19 PM CET, gnupg-users-owner wrote:
> Your mail to 'Gnupg-users' with the subject
>
> Re: [gpg-agent] Empty OPTION xauthority=

> The reason it is being held:
>
> Message body is too big: 63276 bytes with a limit of 40 KB
>
> Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive
> notification of the moderator's decision. If you would like to cancel
> this posting, please visit the following URL:
>
> https://lists.gnupg.org/mailman/confirm/gnupg-users/c419b7597f95abe2ff1d83ed3340aeb711643a59

Hi,

I have enabled in my email client the feature attaching signing
key and I thought that the attachment is just few (in single
units) kB long, but suddenly I am getting the warning messages
like this one. My key has been signed by 60+ signatures, but
still 45K just for that seems excessive. Is there some way how to
generate something meaningful, which would be smaller?

Best,

Mat?j

--
http://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, @mcepl@floss.social
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5 BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

A philosopher like Plato, according to Luther’s colorful imagery,
remains like a cow who looks at a new door, refusing to enter?
Re: Your message to Gnupg-users awaits moderator approval [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 4 Mar 2024 15:34, Mat?j Cepl said:

> like this one. My key has been signed by 60+ signatures, but
> still 45K just for that seems excessive. Is there some way how to
> generate something meaningful, which would be smaller?

gpg --export -a --export-options export-minimal FOO >foo.asc

this keeps just your self-signatures. There are other ways too but they
are more complicated. Ley me quickly raise the limit on the mailing
list. I has been setup a loooong time ago. I guess 100k should be
sufficient.

BTW, thanks to the nice folks who silently do their moderator jobs for
years and years.

Shalom-Salam,

Werner

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service. - A. Einstein