web-iq.com <https://web-iq.com/>

0153 79C8 1DDB 11D9 FA3C 7F0D 52A0 8844 CC28 5CE0
The content of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient(s) specified in this message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender. If you received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and follow with its deletion, so that we can ensure such a mistake does not occur in the future.
Re: Ecrypt group email addresses [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 11:26:06 +0100
Sharon Oosterhuis via Gnupg-users <gnupg-users@gnupg.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How to ecrypt group email addresses on brand laptops (for example:
> Linux) not macbook? Is there a description for?
What do you mean with "group email addresses"? Is it an email address
shared between multiple people

> For MacBook I used the attached explanation, this works! Only this so
> unfortunately does not work on linux laptop for example. So we linked
> each employee's personal key to a group email address.
You didn't attach any explanation.

--
Current PGP KeyID: 11ADE4393600C1BDFFCBC0A598DE15942B08CA00

https://blueselene.com/pgp-archive/11ADE4393600C1BDFFCBC0A598DE15942B08CA00/key.pub

For up-to-date information on my crypto keys, see
https://blueselene.com/crypto.html
Re: Ecrypt group email addresses [ In reply to ]
I just saw the PDF in your attachments, sorry, thanks to another user
for letting me know.

GnuPG in Linux also supports the groups feature, however, whether or not
GnuPG gets used depends on what email client you're using. I've never
used groups, but it will likely work with clients like Claws Mail, who
interact with GnuPG directly.

Clients that have their own OpenPGP implementation, like Mozilla
Thunderbird, likely don't support groups.

Re: Ecrypt group email addresses [ In reply to ]
On 26 Jan 2023, at 22:40, Alex <alex@blueselene.com> wrote:

> Clients that have their own OpenPGP implementation, like Mozilla
> Thunderbird, likely don't support groups.

Thunderbird does support encryption to groups, but you have to manually edit a JSON configuration file:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/openpgp-recipient-alias-configuration