Mailing List Archive

Can't synchronize keys using Seahorse
I can't synchronize my keys using Seahorse.
The error message reads;
Couldn't communicate with keyserver.pgp.com: Server is unwilling to perform.
How can I fix this?
Thanks,
Craig
Re: Can't synchronize keys using Seahorse [ In reply to ]
> How can I fix this?

Specify a different keyserver.

keyserver.pgp.com was a commercial keyserver run by PGP Corporation, or
whichever corporate entity owned the PGP intellectual property at the
time. Network Associates gave way to PGP Security gave way to Symantec
gave way to...

The PGP intellectual property is for all intents and purposes dead at
this point. Symantec has even stopped using the PGP trademarks: they
may still sell the software, but they've stopped issuing new releases
and they've rebranded it to something as bland as cottage cheese.

keyserver.pgp.com is still operational today, but nobody knows for how
long. It would be wise to assume that it will go away at some point,
and start migrating to another keyserver.