Mailing List Archive

GnuPG on Solaris 2.5.1 (success) and question about GnuPG and (br r) WinNT
Hi,

This is probably old news, but I'd like to hear about other ppl's
experiences: a colleague and me succesfully built GnuPG on Solaris 2.5.1
(using gcc 2.8.1 and GNU Make 3.74). It did not compile out of the box,
though. When we used --enable-m-guard it compiled OK, but core dumped when
doing something (anything) interesting. Eventually we used:

configure --with-included-zlib --disable nls

After that it compiled and ran OK. Are these the 'correct' settings for
Solaris 2.5.1?

On a different note: what is the status of GnuPG on (brrr..) WinNT? If I
understand correctly it works fine except for the random number generator,
so that it's not very good at generating keys...correct? So if I generate
keys with GnuPG on a different platforms (say Solaris) and import these to
GnuPG on WinNT everything's fine?

regards,
Peter