Mailing List Archive

Cannot Create a Real Name
While trying to generate a new key I am unable to create a "Real Name":
Here is the output:

You need a User-ID to identify your key; the software constructs the user id
from Real Name, Comment and Email Address in this form:
"Heinrich Heine (Der Dichter) <heinrichh@duesseldorf.de>"

Real name: "Jeff Rudichuk (Sys Admin) <rudichj@recov.education.services>"
Invalid character in name
Real name:

I have tried to enter the name a varity of ways and always get the "Invalid
character in name" error. I have in the past done this successfully, but
for some unkown reason I now get this error.

Please CC me on your response as I am not on the mailing list.

Thank you.

Re: Cannot Create a Real Name [ In reply to ]
>You need a User-ID to identify your key; the software constructs the user id
>from Real Name, Comment and Email Address in this form:
> "Heinrich Heine (Der Dichter) <heinrichh@duesseldorf.de>"
>
>Real name: "Jeff Rudichuk (Sys Admin) <rudichj@recov.education.services>"
>Invalid character in name
>Real name:

It looks like you're trying to put all the information into the Real
Name field, rather than just your real name. It will ask you for each
of those bits of info in turn. A session should look similar to this

Real Name: Jeff Rudichuck
Comment: Sys Admin
Email Address: rudichj@recov.education.services