Mailing List Archive

Smaller GnuPG executable file?
I have managed to compile GnuPG on a Linux server
without any problems. The size of the executable file
is about 1.5 megs.

For reasons too lengthy to go into, I need the
executable to be less than 1 meg (and preferably as
small as possible!).

As I only need it to encrypt using a public key, and
just using a single encryption algorithm (no
decryption required), is there any source code which I
can trim out before recompiling so that I can produce
a much smaller executable file?

Thanks

Colin

Re: Smaller GnuPG executable file? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, - wrote:

> I have managed to compile GnuPG on a Linux server
> without any problems. The size of the executable file
> is about 1.5 megs.

# strip /usr/local/bin/gpg

--
Werner Koch GnuPG key: 621CC013
OpenIT GmbH http://www.OpenIT.de

Re: Smaller GnuPG executable file? [ In reply to ]
> strip gpg

Doh! Why didn't I think of that!

Thanks :)

Colin

Re: Smaller GnuPG executable file? [ In reply to ]
- wrote:

> I have managed to compile GnuPG on a Linux server
> without any problems. The size of the executable file
> is about 1.5 megs.

That's quite big. Mine 1.0.2 is 499928 bytes, with gcc 2.7.2 and libc5.
Did you strip the debug info of the file (strip gpg, same commands for
other executables and loadable modules)?

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers // Physics and science fiction site:
johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl // http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html