Mailing List Archive

AW: AW: How does trust work?
> pub 1024D/ID0 1999-09-05 Jim Smith <Jim@Jim.com>
> sig! ID-1 1999-09-05 Jim Smith <Jim@Jim.com>
> sub 2048g/ID-2 1999-09-05
> sig! ID-1 1999-09-05 Jim Smith <Jim@Jim.com>
<...>
> pub 1024D/ID1 created: 2000-02-13 expires: never trust: f/f
> (1) Jim Smith <Jim@Jim.com>

I assume that this is no real gpg output, but you edited the stuff?
The dates look funny in the examples.
If "ID1" and "ID-1" are really the same Key ID, I don´t see why this
shouldn´t work...

Tschuess,
Ralf

--
Ralf Hüls Bismarckplatz
KSV Kreditschutz-Vereinigung GmbH 44866 Bochum

Re: AW: AW: How does trust work? [ In reply to ]
> I assume that this is no real gpg output, but you edited the stuff?
> The dates look funny in the examples.
> If "ID1" and "ID-1" are really the same Key ID, I don´t see why this
> shouldn´t work...

That was gpg output that I edited to shorten the key id's and change
the names. The dates I did not change. The key ID's refer to the
following keys:

ID4 - My key
ID3 - Subkey of Jim's comm-key
ID2 - Jim's comm-key
ID1 - Jim's auth-key
ID0 - Old key of Jim's
ID-1 - Old key of Jim's
ID-2 - Subkey of Jim's key with ID0

Note from the last message that I specify the key ID when I
encrypt, rather than an e-mail address. Since those two keys (ID1
and ID-1) are different, can you recommend a solution, or a reason
this is not working?

Thanks -Rich