--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers // Physics and science fiction site:
johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl // http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html

Re: Revoking keys [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Johan Wevers wrote:

> However, I still have a lot of material that is encrypted with them.

So you may want to re-encrypt it if you are sure that noone got access
to the data itself.

> When I revoke my keys in gpg (and one in pgp 2.6.3i), will I still be able
> to read those mails? Are they after that still on my secret keyring but
> flagged "revoked"?

Yes.

We never remove anything form a key but just add a special signature.
However, it is always good to have a backup copy of your secret key.

Werner

--
Werner Koch GnuPG key: 621CC013
OpenIT GmbH http://www.OpenIT.de