gpg amnon.gpg
pub 1024D/1513B899 1999-05-10 Someone Named <amnon@bogus.net>
sub 2048g/699ADA4A 1999-05-10

[errol@honest errol]$ gpg --import amnon.gpg
gpg: waiting for lock (hold by 8877 - probably dead) ...

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?
Re: cannot import pgp/gnupg public keys [ In reply to ]
Hi Errol!

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Errol Casey wrote:

> When I attempt to import, I get lock error messages. If I just
> ask gpg to examine the files, it displays the keys.
>
> gpg amnon.gpg
> pub 1024D/1513B899 1999-05-10 Someone Named <amnon@bogus.net>
> sub 2048g/699ADA4A 1999-05-10
>
> [errol@honest errol]$ gpg --import amnon.gpg
> gpg: waiting for lock (hold by 8877 - probably dead) ...
> gpg: waiting for lock (hold by 8877 - probably dead) ...
> gpg: waiting for lock (hold by 8877 - probably dead) ...
>
> Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

rm ~/.gnupg/*lock removes the lockfiles.

yours,
peter
--
http://www.cosy.sbg.ac.at/~ppalfrad
[ not signed since this is an untrusted box ]
Re: cannot import pgp/gnupg public keys [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Jun 24, 2000 at 10:40:01PM +0200, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> Hi Errol!
>
> On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Errol Casey wrote:

Thanks. I actually figured it out just as the replies started coming.

So now, I have gnupg working just fine. Thanks for the assistance.

> > When I attempt to import, I get lock error messages. If I just
> > ask gpg to examine the files, it displays the keys.
> >
> > gpg amnon.gpg
> > pub 1024D/1513B899 1999-05-10 Someone Named <amnon@bogus.net>
> > sub 2048g/699ADA4A 1999-05-10
> >
> > [errol@honest errol]$ gpg --import amnon.gpg
> > gpg: waiting for lock (hold by 8877 - probably dead) ...
> > gpg: waiting for lock (hold by 8877 - probably dead) ...
> > gpg: waiting for lock (hold by 8877 - probably dead) ...
> >
> > Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?
>
> rm ~/.gnupg/*lock removes the lockfiles.
>
> yours,
> peter
> --
> http://www.cosy.sbg.ac.at/~ppalfrad
> [ not signed since this is an untrusted box ]

Errol Casey
Voice Mail: 919-991-7064
http://www.askerrol.org
http://www.boo-bear.com