image and *how* it could be done?

--
Sandra Schr"odter
Re: Image in Key [ In reply to ]
* sandra@fsg-ship.de <sandra@fsg-ship.de> [000613 11:12]:
> I received a key from a friend of mine, that containes a part called
> "[image of size 4043]".

This key was generated by PGP 6.x, I suppose? PGP 6.x
contains a feature, which allows to put a picture into the
public key.

> Can somebody please explain to me, *if* there's a way to view this
> image and *how* it could be done?

I don't know how to do with GnuPG. I suppose, you need PGP
6.x to view the image.

Cheers, Thomas
--
.-. Thomas Bader · thomasb@trash.net.remove · http://www.t-bader.ch/ .-.
oo| oo|
Re: Image in Key [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, sandra@fsg-ship.de wrote:

> I received a key from a friend of mine, that containes a part called
> "[image of size 4043]".

That is the Photo-ID aka Biometric-ID, the format has not yet been
disclosed, so gnupg displays only what it knows about it. If you play
a littyle bit with it you can extract the image; it is fairly
straight forward encoded.

The Photo-ID behaves just like the User-ID.

Werner

--
Werner Koch OpenPGP key 621CC013
OpenIT GmbH tel +49 211 239577-0
Re: Image in Key [ In reply to ]
* Werner Koch <wk@gnupg.org> [000613 13:37]:
> > I received a key from a friend of mine, that containes a part called
> > "[image of size 4043]".
>
> That is the Photo-ID aka Biometric-ID, the format has not yet been
> disclosed, so gnupg displays only what it knows about it.

I guess it is impossible to create such a Photo-ID with
GnuPG, as the format isn't disclosed yet? Am I right?

Cheers, Thomas