I'm wondering if anyone has found a way to use GnuPG when using Netscape
Messenger. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Re: GnuPG with Netscape Messenger? [ In reply to ]
Paul Gallagher, at 23:23 -0400 on Wed, 17 May 2000, wrote:

> I asked this question once before, and it went unanswered. I'm hoping
> it was an oversight :-).

You wish :P I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a positive answer :)

--
Frank Tobin http://www.uiuc.edu/~ftobin/

"To learn what is good and what is to be valued,
those truths which cannot be shaken or changed." Myst: The Book of Atrus
Re: GnuPG with Netscape Messenger? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 17 May 2000, Paul Gallagher wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone has found a way to use GnuPG when using Netscape
> Messenger. Any ideas?

No way.

I started to do a workaround based on a local proxy used as smarthost
and pop3 host for netscape (you can enter localhost:1234 to connect to
an smtp daemon running on port 1234). This tool should do all the
crypto stuff and has to popup a window to ask for passphrases and
to select the recipient's key.

I have given up on this becuase Netscape is dead and will be replaced
by one based on the Moziall code. So the canonical way to implement
GnuPG into the new Netscape is by understanding how the 4 millon lines
of Mozilla code are supposed to work and thenn add GnuPG support.

It will happen, but don't ask me how long it is going to take.

Any volunteers?

Werner

--
Werner Koch OpenPGP key 621CC013