The ice-caps are melting, tra-la-la-la. All the world is drowning,
tra-la-la-la-la.
-- Tiny Tim.
Re: Best way to indicate key [ In reply to ]
> Having added my key to the keyserver net, what's the best way to
> indicate that in a message so that others can verify signatures etc?
> I've noticed odd header lines in some people's messages. I assume pgp
> adds these.
>
> --
> Bruce

I may not have the *best* answer, but here goes:

Currently, I use Exmh, which will let the user check the keyserver for an
unknown signature (nice feature!).

I have seen signatures which incorporate the "Public key at...," showing a URL
to a keyserver.

"New Age woo-woos don't really understand this"
--Russ Mitchell, Wide Open News
ICQ: 16556555
Re: Best way to indicate key [ In reply to ]
According to Bruce Richardson:
> Having added my key to the keyserver net, what's the best way to
> indicate that in a message so that others can verify signatures etc?
> I've noticed odd header lines in some people's messages. I assume pgp
> adds these.

I don't think there's one best way - the keyid (like below), a pointer
to a key on the net or a URL to search a keyserver e.g.

http://www.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA9DE69F8

Whatever.

I'm not sure what headers you mean but I don't think it's anything to
do with PGP itself - probably the mailer. Mutt (like exmh) integrates
quite nicely with PGP and will lookup a key from a keyserver (if
configured) when it encounters a signature.

--
Alastair |
alastair@calliope.demon.co.uk |
Re: Best way to indicate key [ In reply to ]
Bruce Richardson writes:
> Having added my key to the keyserver net, what's the best way to
> indicate that in a message so that others can verify signatures etc?

I don't think this is necessary if they have configured gpg to automatically
fetch keys from a key server.

> I've noticed odd header lines in some people's messages. I assume pgp
> adds these.

Nope. Most mailers let you add custom headers, this is really unrelated
to gpg/pgp.

--
QUOTE OF THE DAY:

`