Bruce

Unix and C are the ultimate computer viruses.
-- Richard P. Gabriel
Re: Key servers [ In reply to ]
Hi Bruce!

* Bruce Richardson <brichardson@lineone.net> [000506 14:37]:
> New to gpg/pgp. Is there any problem with submitting gpg keys to
> pgp.net keyservers?

No, there isn't. I've put my keys an the pgp.net keyservers and one can
retreive and use them without a problem.

> How do you subscribe, BTW? No hint on the web page and there's no
> gnupg-users-request.

This should be on the homepage. Check that again, please!

Cheers, Thomas
--
.-. Thomas Bader · thomasb@trash.net.remove · http://www.t-bader.ch/ .-.
oo| oo|
Re: Key servers [ In reply to ]
According to Bruce Richardson:
> New to gpg/pgp. Is there any problem with submitting gpg keys to
> pgp.net keyservers?

I've had no problem submitting keys and seeing them propagate (I used
www.keyserver.net originally). However, I often have problems with
response (or lack of) from a particular keyserver used for lookup.

> How do you subscribe, BTW? No hint on the web page and there's no
> gnupg-users-request.

See ;

http://www.gnupg.org/docs.html

under 'mailing lists'.

--
Alastair
alastair@calliope.demon.co.uk
Re: Key servers [ In reply to ]
On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 01:40:32PM +0000, Alastair wrote:

> > How do you subscribe, BTW? No hint on the web page and there's no
> > gnupg-users-request.
>
> See ;
>
> http://www.gnupg.org/docs.html
>
> under 'mailing lists'.

Cheers. Must have misspelt it the first time.

--
Bruce

If the universe were simple enough to be understood, we would be too
simple to understand it.
Re: Key servers [ In reply to ]
Alastair, at 13:40 -0000 on Sat, 6 May 2000, wrote:

> > How do you subscribe, BTW? No hint on the web page and there's no
> > gnupg-users-request.

These sort of questions are becoming more and more common, and I think it
has to do with the poor layout of the GnuPG website (even I have to dig
around for the mailing list info if I have to reference it). I think
there should be a top-level section of the website entitled
"Community"; this is a generic name that could encompass
currently-misplaced things such as keysigning parties and mailing lists.

--
Frank Tobin http://www.uiuc.edu/~ftobin/

"To learn what is good and what is to be valued,
those truths which cannot be shaken or changed." Myst: The Book of Atrus