Would you please advise me how can I fix the problems. Thanks a lot.

<<config>>

Geoffrey
Re: Gnupg Compilation [ In reply to ]
Geoffrey Yuen (HTHK - System Analyst, IIPN) writes:
> Hi,
>
> I've downloaded gnupg 1.0.1 and tried to run 'configure' in 'Digital UNIX
> V4.0D'.
> However the program reported errors, please see the attached file.
> Would you please advise me how can I fix the problems. Thanks a lot.

http://lists.gnupg.org/gnupg-users-200001/msg00064.html
http://lists.gnupg.org/gnupg-users-200001/msg00066.html

But last time I tried, make test still failed most of the checks.

--
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding
bureaucracy.
Re: Gnupg Compilation [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Geoffrey Yuen (HTHK - System Analyst, IIPN) wrote:

> I've downloaded gnupg 1.0.1 and tried to run 'configure' in 'Digital UNIX
> V4.0D'.
> However the program reported errors, please see the attached file.
> Would you please advise me how can I fix the problems. Thanks a lot.

you should get the gnu c-compiler/libraries to do yourselve a favour. and
whilst you are at it, include the gnu-make, it will never fail you and it's
modern, it's "cool". should dec not allow you to do this, use freebsd. if
you are not familiar with familiarities, use linux. failing that, buy a
trs80 (radio shack), pet 2001 (commodore) or a violine. cant go wrong with
that. _NEVER_ windows! it'll make you sick, you won't have children and
you will always loose your hair!

--
ino-waiting@gmx.net
Re: Gnupg Compilation [ In reply to ]
> you should get the gnu c-compiler/libraries to do yourselve a favour. and

egcs and egcs-derived gcc produce faulty code on Alpha.

> whilst you are at it, include the gnu-make, it will never fail you and it's
> modern, it's "cool". should dec not allow you to do this, use freebsd. if
> you are not familiar with familiarities, use linux. failing that, buy a
> trs80 (radio shack), pet 2001 (commodore) or a violine. cant go wrong with
> that. _NEVER_ windows! it'll make you sick, you won't have children and
> you will always loose your hair!

I must have missed that it's October already ...