JORSM Internet
jer@jorsm.com
http://www.jorsm.com/~jer/pgp.key
Re: Key Generation [ In reply to ]
Jeremy Shaffner, at 15:20 -0500 on Thu, 6 Apr 2000, wrote:

> Is it possible to generate a keypair when not at the console? It couldn't
> collect enough entropy, and using the disks (updated the locate database,
> doing a find / -print, etc) to finish off the last 20 bytes isn't doing
> anything.

What operating system are you running? Different systems gather stuff for
/dev/random from different places.

--
Frank Tobin http://www.uiuc.edu/~ftobin/

"To learn what is good and what is to be valued,
those truths which cannot be shaken or changed." Myst: The Book of Atrus
Re: Key Generation [ In reply to ]
Sorry,

FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE.

(What a coincidence..I'm just getting started with
PGP::GPG::MessageProcessor.)

-Jeremy

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Frank Tobin wrote:

> Jeremy Shaffner, at 15:20 -0500 on Thu, 6 Apr 2000, wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to generate a keypair when not at the console? It couldn't
> > collect enough entropy, and using the disks (updated the locate database,
> > doing a find / -print, etc) to finish off the last 20 bytes isn't doing
> > anything.
>
> What operating system are you running? Different systems gather stuff for
> /dev/random from different places.
>
> --
> Frank Tobin http://www.uiuc.edu/~ftobin/
>
> "To learn what is good and what is to be valued,
> those truths which cannot be shaken or changed." Myst: The Book of Atrus

---
Jeremy Shaffner
System Administrator
Re: Key Generation [ In reply to ]