I wonder whether anybody is thinking to port GnuPG to EPOC32. If
Symbian manages to make EPOC a standard for wireless devices there
will be a large demand for encryption tools, text but also voice.
Re: GnuPG for EPOC? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Gamma Pi wrote:

> I wonder whether anybody is thinking to port GnuPG to EPOC32. If
> Symbian manages to make EPOC a standard for wireless devices there
> will be a large demand for encryption tools, text but also voice.

Get me a development kit and I'll try.

Werner
Re: GnuPG for EPOC? [ In reply to ]
The development kits for C++, Java and OPL (native epoc basic-like
language) can be downloaded from the Symbian site
www.symbian.com. There is a port of PGP 2.6.3 to epoc
(www.pansoftware.com) but it is a beta (perhaps frozen) and does not
look like a finished product. I believe GnuPG for epoc would be a terrific
product. Taking myself as an average user, if there were such a thing
as a stable crypto suite for epoc I would tend to use the desktop PC
more for newsgroups, web and letters to friends, and the handheld
device more for sensitive communications. How would you assess the
resources that a full port would take?