Mailing List Archive

RSA.COM site hacked :)
Re: RSA.COM site hacked :) [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Simpson, Sam wrote:

> I wonder how long it'll take them to notice...Hhhm, would you
> trust RSA with your data security now? ;)

When they read mailing lists, they should it notice in a few minutes. But
currently they still not noticed it...

What is the regular IP of www.rsa.com? Currently it is 200.24.19.252.
Maybe it's a DNS hack?

cu
Michael
Re: RSA.COM site hacked :) [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Feb 14, 2000 at 10:43:40AM +0100, Michael Roth wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Simpson, Sam wrote:
>
> > I wonder how long it'll take them to notice...Hhhm, would you
> > trust RSA with your data security now? ;)
>
> When they read mailing lists, they should it notice in a few minutes. But
> currently they still not noticed it...
>
> What is the regular IP of www.rsa.com? Currently it is 200.24.19.252.
> Maybe it's a DNS hack?

It does appear to be a DNS hack or screwup of some kind. For me,
www.rsa.com resolves to 205.181.76.22, which produces the normal RSA
home page.

isenguard ~ > nslookup www.rsa.com
Server: rbs1.globalcenter.net.au
Address: 203.89.226.24

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: www.rsa.com
Address: 205.181.76.22

isenguard ~ > nslookup www.rsa.com ns1.verio.net
Server: ns1.verio.net
Address: 204.91.99.140

Name: www.rsa.com
Address: 200.24.19.252

ns1.verio.net is listed in one of the NS records for rsa.com. I haven't
checked the others.

--
Lachlan O'Dea <mailto:lodea@vet.com.au> Computer Associates Pty Ltd
Webmaster Vet - Anti-Virus Software

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of
civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."
- Thomas Jefferson
Re: RSA.COM site hacked :) [ In reply to ]
Re: RSA.COM site hacked :) [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Michael Roth wrote:

Hi!

> What is the regular IP of www.rsa.com? Currently it is 200.24.19.252.
> Maybe it's a DNS hack?

I get 205.181.76.22 when I do a lookup for www.rsa.com, but the wrong
page is still there.

Cheers,
Thomas
--
Thomas Bader <thomasb@trash.net>, Powered by LINUX 2.2
Infos und Tipps zu Linux, HOWTOs des DLHP <http://www.trash.net/~thomasb/>
Re: RSA.COM site hacked :) [ In reply to ]
I get 200.24.19.252 for www.rsa.com, from 2 seperate routes that join at
the Amsterdam IX.

It seems to trace to Colombia.

'bye,

Mark
RE: RSA.COM site hacked :) [ In reply to ]
Yep, it looks like someone poisoned the DNS records for
one of our obsolete domains. We noticed over a day ago, and
corrected updates have been wending their way through
the Internet since. Our main domain, www.rsasecurity.com,
was never touched.

It was amusing to see traceroutes terminating in Colombia.

Peter Trei
(NOT an RSA spokesman)