To Mucki and Nane: miss you even now.
Live is too short to waste it with M$.
mail -s "get gpgkey" g.ristic@berlin.de (GnuPG)
Re: keyservers and mutt [ In reply to ]

$ host www.master.pgp.net
www.master.pgp.net has address 128.232.0.23

$ host www.uk.pgp.net
www.uk.pgp.net has address 128.232.0.23
Re: keyservers and mutt [ In reply to ]
Re: keyservers and mutt [ In reply to ]
\
Sorry for the multiple X-Headers in my mails. Something went wrong,
while I wrote this mail. Hope, I found the error.
Thanks to Sotiris. ;)
\

On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 02:40:13PM +0100, Michael Roth wrote:

> > The keyserver gpg wants to request is www.MASTER.pgp.net.
> > Where can I change this to one of the keyservers I specified?
>
> Add to the ~/.gnupg/options file:

Hmmm.. I already did. The changes don't take any effect.
Doesn't matter, which keyserver I told gpg to use, it always wants to
use the one above. (Written exactly this way)

I remember this option was working without problems, when I installed
gpg. Now it won't and I have no idea why?
I've been looking for further information, but the bit I found
is the html-manual. And this is not too much. ;)

It would help me much if anybody has a link, page or whatever for me.

thx so far.
--
With best wishes, GR
Re: keyservers and mutt [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Goran Ristic wrote:

> Hmmm.. I already did. The changes don't take any effect.
> Doesn't matter, which keyserver I told gpg to use, it always wants to
> use the one above. (Written exactly this way)

You have to give the --keyserver option to enable keyserver access.
By default there is no keyserver access enabled and no hardcoded
name. Use strace to find out which files gpg tries to read. Is there
a wrapper which uses --options to read another file? Strange. I
wouldn't trust such a system.

Werner
Re: keyservers and mutt [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Feb 10, 2000 at 11:49:16AM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> You have to give the --keyserver option to enable keyserver access.
Can't believe this options works only on con? It is enabled in the
configuration file.

> By default there is no keyserver access enabled and no hardcoded
I already enabled this option.
BTW: is it important on which position in the options file each
command/option is?

> name. Use strace to find out which files gpg tries to read. Is there
Sorry. I would if I could. ;)
I don't know how I should use strace out of mutt? -
Couldn't find the option in the man for strace.

> a wrapper which uses --options to read another file? Strange. I
> wouldn't trust such a system.
Sorry, but I do not understand this.
I guess you mean with "wrapper" my MUA mutt? AFAIR starts mutt gpg
when I receive a mail with pgp/gpg signature and gpg reads its options.
(?)

If so, I don't have any choice - except disabling the gpg/pgp features in mutt
completely. But this would be very uncomfortable. ;)

--
With best wishes, GR
Re: keyservers and mutt [ In reply to ]
Hello!

On 2000-02-10 23:42:18 +0000, Goran Ristic wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2000 at 11:49:16AM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> > You have to give the --keyserver option to enable keyserver access.
> Can't believe this options works only on con? It is enabled in the
> configuration file.

How exactly?

> > By default there is no keyserver access enabled and no hardcoded
> I already enabled this option.
> BTW: is it important on which position in the options file each
> command/option is?

AFAIK no.

> > name. Use strace to find out which files gpg tries to read. Is there
> Sorry. I would if I could. ;)
> I don't know how I should use strace out of mutt? -
> Couldn't find the option in the man for strace.

How about 'strace -f -o /tmp/mutt.strace mutt'? But gpg doesn't have to be
set suid.
BTW: nice feature. :)

Franz