Mailing List Archive

Re: gpg via cgi under BSDi - it works!
"Werner Koch" wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Sebastian Henschel wrote:
>
> > gpg: /usr/local/lib/gnupg/rndegd: error loading extension: can't process
> > object file: Inappropriate file type or format
>
> So the dynamic linking does not work
>
> > i remind you all, that you cannot make gnupg with
> > "--enable-static-rnd=none" or "--enable-static-rnd=egd" on BSDi. and you
>
> Why? --enable-static-rnd=egd does not need any dynamically linked
> modules and is pretty standard C.
ok, that was my fault. i just took the info that the list gave me for
getting gpg compiled under BSDi without thinking so much about the
things i did there.
if you --enable-static-rnd=egd you have to touch "rndunix", "rndlinux"
and "tiger" in the cipher directory (+ the modification in the configure
script).
and now it works with the statically included egd (which you have to
install in addition) :)

thanx a lot for your help! best wishes...

sebastian
--
defcom webdressing gmbh
ohlauer str. 42