0/0 blocks of pool 0/16384
Abort

---------

I'm unfamiliar with the term 'Ohhhh Jeeee'.

This is working as part of a script on a Solaris box. I'm guessing it
might have to do with the entropy situation.

...Ross...

Re: A strange error code [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 10 Dec 1999 ..Ross.. wrote:
>Can someone please explain this line of an error code I'm receiving?
>
>--------
>
>gpg: Ohhhh jeeee: mpi crosses packet bordersecmem usage: 0/0 bytes in
>0/0 blocks of pool 0/16384
>Abort
>
>---------
>
>I'm unfamiliar with the term 'Ohhhh Jeeee'.
>
>This is working as part of a script on a Solaris box. I'm guessing it
>might have to do with the entropy situation.
>
>...Ross...
>
>|| New e-mail address: <rosso@bad-seed.org>

'Ohhhh Jeeee' is german. It could be translated with 'oh dear' ;-).

Martin
Martin Peikert EN 636
Fachgebiet Theoretische Elektrotechnik TU Berlin
Sekretariat EN 2 fon 314-23881 fax 314-22284
http://www-tet.ee.tu-berlin.de/peikert/index.html
Re: A strange error code [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 11:25:00PM -0800
..Ross.. wrote:

> gpg: Ohhhh jeeee: mpi crosses packet bordersecmem usage: 0/0 bytes in

[.Ooops, a bug in a bug message: There should be a LF in "bordersecmem"]

This indicates a corrupted OpenPGP message. I think the term is not
good, so a suggested is welcome. And it should not be printed like an
internal error (log_bog) but as a fatal error.

The reason for this error is this:

A OpenPGP message consists of many packts. Each packet has a header
which describes it's length. Inside a packet there are sometime
multiprecision integers which do have a length description to. If the
length given for the MPI is larger than the reamining length of the
packet you will see this error.

--
Werner Koch at guug.de www.gnupg.org keyid 621CC013
Re: A strange error code [ In reply to ]
..Ross.. wrote:

> This is working as part of a script on a Solaris box. I'm guessing it
> might have to do with the entropy situation.

No, the printout of memory usage is due to the use of the internal
log_bug(0 function. At theat point the secure memory pool has not yet
been in use.

--
Werner Koch at guug.de www.gnupg.org keyid 621CC013