but not the full manual.

I'm not all that familar with the info system, but something is surely
wrong here.

Re: Strange dirmngr info file [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 10:49:43PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> There are some strange things going on in the dirmngr (0.9.3) info file.
> It attempts to install a directory entry looking like this:
>
> * dirmngr: (gnupg). X.509 CRL and OCSP server.
> * dirmngr-client: (gnupg). X.509 CRL and OCSP client.
>
> When you call info and select one of these entries, it will try to jump
> to a page called "gnupg", which may or may not exist, but has nothing
> to do with dirmngr.
>
> Moreover, there doesn't seem to be a way to actually jump to the dirmngr
> manual. If I call "info dirmngr" I just get the man page type thing,
> but not the full manual.
>
> I'm not all that familar with the info system, but something is surely
> wrong here.

Seems like it.
Can you file a bug assigning it to Werner, Topic "dirmngr" in:
https://intevation.de/roundup/aegypten/

Thanks,
Bernhard
Re: Strange dirmngr info file [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 09:05:59 +0100, Bernhard Reiter said:

> Can you file a bug assigning it to Werner, Topic "dirmngr" in:
> https://intevation.de/roundup/aegypten/

This has been fixed

2005-10-20 Marcus Brinkmann

* doc/dirmngr.texi: Fix direntry. Thanks to Rex Dieter.

and thus should be in 0.9.3 released on the 26th.

Shalom-Salam,

Werner

Re: Strange dirmngr info file [ In reply to ]
Werner Koch wrote:
> This has been fixed
>
> 2005-10-20 Marcus Brinkmann
>
> * doc/dirmngr.texi: Fix direntry. Thanks to Rex Dieter.
>
> and thus should be in 0.9.3 released on the 26th.

But it's not. This is what dirmngr 0.9.3 contains:

This is dirmngr.info, produced by makeinfo version 4.7 from
dirmngr.texi.

This manual is for Dirmngr (version 0.9.3, 3 September 2005), which
is an X.509 CRL and OCSP manager.

Copyright (C) 2002 Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB

Copyright (C) 2004 g10 Code GmbH

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this
document under the terms of the GNU General Public License as
published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the
License, or (at your option) any later version. The text of the
license can be found in the section entitled "Copying".

INFO-DIR-SECTION GNU Utilities
START-INFO-DIR-ENTRY
* dirmngr: (gnupg). X.509 CRL and OCSP server.
* dirmngr-client: (gnupg). X.509 CRL and OCSP client.
END-INFO-DIR-ENTRY

Re: Strange dirmngr info file [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 13:40:39 +0100, Peter Eisentraut said:

> But it's not. This is what dirmngr 0.9.3 contains:

Hmm, there seems to be something wrong with make distcheck.

Shalom-Salam,

Werner