Mailing List Archive

[issue209] moving pgp encrypted between imap folders
New submission from Jean-Damien Durand <Jean-Damien.Durand@cern.ch>:

Dear experts,

I observed that, in KMail, moving a pgp-encrypted message between (my) imap
folders leaves the mail non-decryptable by gnupg 1.9.3, but moving it to the
local folder, then to the same imap folder makes it okay for decryption.
./.. I hope this was not yet reported - sorry if this is the case.

I attach a small tarball containing a directory test1+2 where:
- there is a README giving my configuration (in particular I run a gnupg with a
small and uncorrelated [I believe] patch)
- I compare the output of 2 mails ('saved as') and the output of gpg -vd on
them: one mail moved directly (-> failure of gpg), one mail moved via local (->
ok for gpg).

Please note that using native gnupg 1.9.3 and KMail I had encrypted mails
containing an empty armor that gnupg itself cannot decrypt - this is the reason
of the patch.

Thanks a lot, Regards, Jean-Damien.

files: test1+2.tar.gz
messages: 1028
nosy: jdurand
priority: bug
status: unread
title: moving pgp encrypted between imap folders
Aegypten issue tracker <aegypten-issues@intevation.de>
<https://intevation.de/roundup/aegypten/issue209>