Mailing List Archive

optional gpgme support for mutt
Hi!

patch-1.5.6cvs.g10.gpgme.1.gz

This patch enables Mutt to use GPGME based crypto; i.e. OpenPGP and
S/MIME. You need a decent gpgme development package and a Mutt
version with patch-1.5.6cvs.g10.cryptmod.1 already applied. To
actually build with this support you have to use the configure
option "--enable-gpgme". To use the GPGME backend you must add the
line

set crypt_use_gpgme

to ~/.muttrc. Without that option the regular S/MIME and PGP
support will we used. The latest gnupg-1.9.x version should be
installed too (for S/MIEM and the gpg-agent). For details see
http://www.gnupg.org/aegypten2/.

The patch files are available at

ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpga/aegypten/

mutt-patch-1.5.6cvs.g10.cryptmod.1.gz
mutt-patch-1.5.6cvs.g10.gpgme.1.gz

Apply both to the 1.5.6 tarball and do

./prepare --enable-gpgme && make

I have not checked whether they still apply to the current CVS. The
patch is about a week old; I merely forgot to announce the second one.

Werner