GnuPG key: http://www.sipsolutions.de/keys/JohannesBerg.asc
Key-ID: 9AB78CA5 Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.de>
Fingerprint = AD02 0176 4E29 C137 1DF6 08D2 FC44 CF86 9AB7 8CA5
Re: segfault on startup [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 23:18:42 +0100, Johannes Berg said:

> Hi,
> Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong with my secret keyring that
> causes gpa to segfault?

Would you mind to tell us a bit more, e.g. the version of gpa and if
possible a stack backtrace:

gdb gpa

Enter "run" in gdb; when it stops, enter "bt full".

Werner

--
Werner Koch <wk@gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts http://g10code.com
Re: segfault on startup [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 23:18, Johannes Berg wrote:
> Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong with my secret keyring that
> causes gpa to segfault?

Strangely enough, after exporting all my secret and public keys to
ascii, and re-importing them into new keyrings, gpa works fine.

johannes
--
http://www.sipsolutions.de/
Re: segfault on startup [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 12:18:13AM +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 23:18, Johannes Berg wrote:
> > Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong with my secret keyring that
> > causes gpa to segfault?
>
> Strangely enough, after exporting all my secret and public keys to
> ascii, and re-importing them into new keyrings, gpa works fine.

This could be related to
Debian critical bug:
GPA just do "Segmentation fault"

one poster tracked this to an old key that gives a different output
for gpg --list-secret-keys --with-colons.

I can currently reproduce it on one machine where I have copied
old keys over.
Werner, Markus: did you get a go at the bug yet?
It seems nice to fix for Debian because people will get the problem
in real life.

Bernhard
Re: segfault on startup [ In reply to ]
At Thu, 24 Nov 2005 18:10:30 +0100,
Bernhard Reiter <bernhard@intevation.de> wrote:
> Werner, Markus: did you get a go at the bug yet?
> It seems nice to fix for Debian because people will get the problem
> in real life.

I put it into the tracker.

Thanks,
Marcus