Exposing the gcry_md_hash_buffers_extract function
Hello,

While we have gcry_md_hash_buffers in libgcrypt, and
_gcry_md_hash_buffers_extract internally, we don't have the
gcry_md_hash_buffers_extract function exposed.

For an extendable output function like SHAKE, it is good to have
gcry_md_hash_buffers_extract.

Shall I do that for next libgcrypt release?

Re: Exposing the gcry_md_hash_buffers_extract function [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 8 Mar 2024 15:28, NIIBE Yutaka said:

> While we have gcry_md_hash_buffers in libgcrypt, and
> _gcry_md_hash_buffers_extract internally, we don't have the
> gcry_md_hash_buffers_extract function exposed.

I think we should use a better name for that function.

gcry_md_hash_buffers_extract is the same as gcry_md_hash_buffers with
the addition of the size of the provided result buffer. Thus
gcry_md_hash_buffers_ext sounds like a better name to me

> Shall I do that for next libgcrypt release?

Yep.

Shalom-Salam,

Werner

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service. - A. Einstein