Ciao
--
http://www.dstoecker.de/ (PGP key available)
Re: Cleanup patch [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Dirk Stoecker wrote:

> I attached a larger cleanup patch for libgcrypt SVN:

Well, I ask myself why I did that work when I'm totally ignored again.

May the bugs be with you.

Ciao
--
http://www.dstoecker.de/ (PGP key available)

Re: Cleanup patch [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 11:26, Dirk Stoecker said:

> Well, I ask myself why I did that work when I'm totally ignored again.

I have not come around to reply. My reply would anyay be the usual:
We need legal papers for such patches. It might or might not be a
trivial patch but all together it would lead to extra work to check
whether this and possible future patches are trivial. Thus I can't
accept them.

I will also need to check the patch which is time consuming.

Salam-Shalom,

Werner

Re: Cleanup patch [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006, Werner Koch wrote:

> > Well, I ask myself why I did that work when I'm totally ignored again.
>
> I have not come around to reply. My reply would anyay be the usual:

After a month? In this really high-traffic mailinglist?

> We need legal papers for such patches. It might or might not be a

Quoting from the mail I send the patch with:
: The patches are fully public domain with no legal restrictions of any
: form.

> trivial patch but all together it would lead to extra work to check
> whether this and possible future patches are trivial. Thus I can't
> accept them.

You wont get any future patches from me.

> I will also need to check the patch which is time consuming.

Well, finding the bugs and quirks yourself is not? So my
internal patch file will grow with every update of libgcrypt (e.g.
implementing SEED added new build errors) and libgcrypt will keep its
bugs.

Ciao
--
http://www.dstoecker.de/ (PGP key available)

Re: Cleanup patch [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 08:37, Dirk Stoecker said:

> Quoting from the mail I send the patch with:
> : The patches are fully public domain with no legal restrictions of any
> : form.

I have said this more timse than I am willing to count. We need legal
papers, really. See: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/why-assign.html .

> Well, finding the bugs and quirks yourself is not? So my
> internal patch file will grow with every update of libgcrypt (e.g.

I you don't want to sign a CA it is best to report the problems
instead of lettung us come up with our own fix. And well, stuff like

+#ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H
#include <config.h>
+#endif

is not very helpful. config.h is not an optional file in Libgcrypt.
Further it makes it very hard to figure things we should really fix,
like the trailing comman in an enum which is only allowed by c99.

Salam-Shalom,

Werner

p.s. Some times I even look into mails on Sundays ;-)