Thanks!
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Re: executable stack in libgcrypt [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 00:41, Axel Thimm said:

> libgcrypt with asm marks the object and library as requiring
> executable stack. On systems with enforced selinux policy this breaks

Please check the configure options as well as the mail archiove from
the last few weeks.

> .section .note.GNU-stack, "", @progbits

This is not portable as it relies on the GNU as. Thus we require for
now a configure switch.

Salam-Shalom,

Werner

Re: executable stack in libgcrypt [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 05:31:48PM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 00:41, Axel Thimm said:
>
> > libgcrypt with asm marks the object and library as requiring
> > executable stack. On systems with enforced selinux policy this breaks
>
> Please check the configure options as well as the mail archiove from
> the last few weeks.

Thanks, I found the configure switch (although nothing in the
archives, maybe on another gnupg.org list?)

> > .section .note.GNU-stack, "", @progbits
>
> This is not portable as it relies on the GNU as. Thus we require for
> now a configure switch.

It breaks with binutils 2.11.93.0.2, 2.13.90.0.2 and 2.13.90.0.18 (no
warning and 2x errors out). Would these versions support the .section
construct?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net