Mailing List Archive

socklen_t usage in gcrypt.h
gcrypt assumes socklen_t exists on the system. This is not the case
for Solaris 2.6, HP-UX 10.20, and Tru64 UNIX 4.0D. Should I modify
gcrypt.h accordingly or should callers be expected to provide a
socklen_t equivalent?

--
albert chin (china@thewrittenword.com)
Re: socklen_t usage in gcrypt.h [ In reply to ]
Albert Chin <gcrypt-devel@mlists.thewrittenword.com> writes:

> gcrypt assumes socklen_t exists on the system. This is not the case
> for Solaris 2.6, HP-UX 10.20, and Tru64 UNIX 4.0D. Should I modify
> gcrypt.h accordingly or should callers be expected to provide a
> socklen_t equivalent?

IMHO, since socklen_t is POSIX, callers should provide an equivalent.

I do that successfully in several projects using this snippet (I
sometime use 'int' instead of 'size_t'):

AC_CHECK_TYPE([socklen_t],, [AC_DEFINE([socklen_t], [size_t],
[Define to `size_t' if `socklen_t' is missing.])], [.
#ifdef HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H
#include <sys/types.h>
#endif
#ifdef HAVE_SYS_SOCKET_H
#include <sys/socket.h>
#endif
#ifdef HAVE_NETDB_H
#include <netdb.h>
#endif
])

Hope this helps,
Simon
Re: socklen_t usage in gcrypt.h [ In reply to ]
At Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:14:50 -0600,
Albert Chin <gcrypt-devel@mlists.thewrittenword.com> wrote:

> gcrypt assumes socklen_t exists on the system. This is not the case
> for Solaris 2.6, HP-UX 10.20, and Tru64 UNIX 4.0D. Should I modify
> gcrypt.h accordingly or should callers be expected to provide a
> socklen_t equivalent?

I have put a fix for this in SVN rev 1180. I would be happy to hear
from you if this helps, or if more is needed.

See also https://bugs.g10code.com/gnupg/issue698 for more details.

Thanks,
Marcus